Viceice.com Removal Tips
Viceice.com is not a reliable search provider. In fact, it is classified as a browser hijacker, because it can modify your browser settings without your approval. It changes your home page and default search engine. Unfortunately, the results that it provides are not to be trusted.
The same goes for the advertisements that you see on its main site. The hijacker is aimed at generating web traffic and it does not improve your online surfing in any way. There is no reason you should keep it installed. We suggest that you terminate Viceice.com as soon as you can.
How does Viceice.com work?
Once the hijacker takes over, it sets your home page and default search engine to Viceice.com. This website may not look too suspicious, however, it does contain advertisements, which never a good sign. The page also provides quick links to popular sites like Gmail, Facebook, Skype, Google Translate, and others. It has a search box, which shows you Google Custom Search results. These results include sponsored content. The problem is that Viceice.com may use unreliable advertising networks and show you untrustworthy ads and links. More than that, these ads will not be limited to the search results. You will see them on all pages that you visit. We suggest that you avoid these commercials, if you do not want to get redirected to corrupted pages and infect your PC with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs.
Download Removal Toolto remove ViceIce.com
The unwanted hijacker gets distributed with the help of freeware and shareware bundles. It usually enters computer systems with an ad-supported application. The hijacker is presented as a useful search tool in malicious software installers. It may not be harmful itself, but it does lower your online security by exposing you to fake commercials. You should delete Viceice.com from your browsers.
How to remove Viceice.com?
In order to eliminate Viceice.com from your browsers, you have to uninstall the adware that came bundled with it. Once you do that, you will be able to restore your browser settings without much difficulty. There are two ways you can deal with these tasks: manually or automatically. If you choose manual Viceice.com removal, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, however, you decide to remove Viceice.com automatically, you can download the anti-malware from our page and use it to scan your system. After it detects all threats including the hijacker and its related program, you will be able to delete Viceice.com once and for all.
Windows 8/Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner/Click on Start
- Select Control Panel from the list
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Click on the unwanted application
- Select Uninstall
- Open Start menu and click on Settings
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs
- Remove the unwanted application
Eliminate Viceice.com from browsers
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options
- Select Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset and Close
- Press Alt+H to open Help
- Select Troubleshooting Information
- Click on Refresh Firefox
- Confirm your decision
- Press Alt+F and open Settings
- Click on Show Advanced Settings
- Select Reset settings
- Click Reset
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.