About this browser intruder
Smilebox.com is a dubious redirect virus that wants to generate traffic. These kinds of unwanted browser intruders may hijack your browser and perform not wanted alterations to it. While they do irritate many users with unacceptable adjustments and doubtful reroutes, hijackers are not hazardous computer infections. They don’t directly endanger your machine but the probability of encountering malware rises. Redirect viruses are not concerned with what sites you can be directed to, so malware might be installed if one were to visit a contaminated web page. This suspicious web page will lead users to bizarre websites, therefore one should delete Smilebox.com.
Why is Smilebox.com eradication crucial?
You did not notice additional items when you were installing free programs, so, Smilebox.com is in your computer. It’s normally redirect viruses and adware that are attached to it. Those issues aren’t malicious, nevertheless they might be aggravating. You are led to believe that selecting Default mode when installing freeware is the suitable solution, still we should advise you that that is not the case. Added offers will set up automatically if users pick Default mode. If you want to not have to uninstall Smilebox.com and similar, users must select Advanced or Custom installation mode. You must only carry on with the installation after you unmark the boxes of all added items.
One’s browser will be hijacked by hijackers, like the tittle implies. It does not matter what kind of browser you use, it can hijack Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Users may abruptly see that Smilebox.com was set as users’ home web web page and new tabs. These types of modifications are made without your permission, and the only way to recover the settings would be to firstly eliminate Smilebox.com and then in a manual way restore the settings. The search box on the page will incorporate ads into the results. Browser hijackers exist with the intention of redirecting, so do not think it will show you authentic results. Those pages could route users to dangerous malware, and thus they have to be evaded. Since all it offers may be seen somewhere else, we strongly think that users must eliminate Smilebox.com.
How to delete Smilebox.com
Being familiar with its concealment spot will help you to eradicate Smilebox.com. Employ a professional elimination software to uninstall this particular issue if you run into trouble. Full Smilebox.com uninstallation should repair your browser problems in connection to this contamination.
Learn how to remove Smilebox.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Smilebox.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Smilebox.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Smilebox.com from Windows?
a) Remove Smilebox.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Smilebox.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Smilebox.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Smilebox.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Smilebox.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Smilebox.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Smilebox.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Smilebox.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Smilebox.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Smilebox.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Smilebox.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Smilebox.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Smilebox.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Smilebox.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Smilebox.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Smilebox.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.