About this redirect virus
Geekto.net is is a redirect virus threat that might infiltrate your PC without you knowing. It is added to free software as an additional item that unless unmarked will set up alongside the freeware. You are lucky that the redirect virus is not a malicious virus and it won’t directly harm your machine. However, it needs to go. You will find that your net browser’s settings have been modified and redirects to sponsored sites are occurring. It may be capable of rerouting you to content that is not safe. Since it presents no beneficial traits you really need to uninstall Geekto.net.
How does it spread
Free programs usually comes with extra items, for example adware and redirect viruses. While those items are not compulsory, the majority of users set them up anyway since they choose Default settings during free programs setup. Make sure to always pick Advanced settings, because that is where the unwanted items are hiding. You should be careful because a rather large amount of items is adjoined to freeware. Those items may not cause any issues at all, but then they wouldn’t be so devious when attempting to get in. You are firmly encouraged to eradicate Geekto.net.
Why should you eliminate Geekto.net
Upon entering, the hijacker will immediately change your browser’s settings. Whether you are employing Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox it will be right away evident that your homepage and new tabs have been changed to load the redirect virus’s promoted website. You will probably try to undo the modifications as soon as you notice them but don’t waste your time, as they will be undoable unless you first uninstall Geekto.net. You will have a pretty simple website set as your homepage, it will have a some advertisements flashing around and a search box. Promotional content may be inserted into the legitimate results. Know that you may end up with some sort of malicious applications if you get directed to doubtful web pages by the search tool. In order to stop this from occurring, eradicate Geekto.net from your computer.
Manual Geekto.net uninstallation is possible so you can attempt that, just keep in mind that you will have to discover the redirect virus yourself. You may also implement professional deletion software to eradicate Geekto.net and it should be the easiest way as it will do everything for you. Whichever way you pick, ensure that you abolish the hijacker completely.
Learn how to remove Geekto.net from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Geekto.net from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Geekto.net from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Geekto.net from Windows?
a) Remove Geekto.net related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Geekto.net related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Geekto.net related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Geekto.net related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Geekto.net related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Geekto.net related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Geekto.net from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Geekto.net. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Geekto.net from web browsers?
a) Erase Geekto.net from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Geekto.net and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Geekto.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Geekto.net
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Geekto.net from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Geekto.net and choose a new provider
d) Remove Geekto.net from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.