About this threat
The reason Fb.com-directory.co alerts are showing up is because of an advertising-supported application infection. These false adverts commonly aim to deceive users into dialing alleged tech-support who would first ask for remote access to your computer, and then install overpriced, possibly useless software. If an advertising-supported application is indeed responsible, expect highly invasive ads. An adware is often attached to free programs, and if you don’t untick it, it will install alongside the application. Just to be clear, the ads are pretty harmless by themselves, and if you don’t call the scammers, no harm will be done. If you did call them, you would have to deal with people who scam others for a living, and they would pretend to fix your device, and then ask for an unreasonable amount of money. You should never call the numbers in these dubious warnings, and you should also never provide access to your OS to questionable people. You can be calm that this contamination the advertisement is warning you about it isn’t real, and that your operating system is safe. If you want to prevent the irritating adverts, all you need to do is delete Fb.com-directory.co.
What does it do
Since adware installation seldom happens knowingly, it generally spreads via freeware. It is added as an optional offer which Default settings do not show, and if you don’t see it, you can not unmark it, which is essentially like providing the added offers the authorization to install. Advanced or Custom mode are the settings you should opt for. If Advanced settings expose something, ensure you unmark all the items. And while those items might not necessarily be harmful, if they did not inform you about their installation properly, they do not belong on your operating system. If you want to avoid having to delete Fb.com-directory.co and similar regularly, pay attention to how you install applications.
These types of fake pop-ups want to deceive users into believing that their PC has came across some type of issue. It may be cautioning you about a virus, system error, licensing issues, etc, con artists will use all kinds of situations. It’s also common for the alert to include warnings about data loss or leaks since this scares users into reacting. So as to stop those data loss scenarios, the user is required to call con artists who are pretending to be tech-support. Keep in mind that no real software or security company will ever ask users to call them. So if you get an advert from Apple, Microsoft, or some other technology company, and are required to call them, you’re being tricked. The con artists would attempt to trick you into providing remote access to your machine, they would then charge you a lot of money for fixing a problem that is not even real. While more computer knowledgeable users will immediately understand it is a scam, less computer savvy people may fall for them, which is why those scams still exist. Even if you do not pay attention to the first pop-up, it would show up over and over again later on, so it is not hard to imagine why some people would fall for these scams. If you are still in doubt about whether the alert is legitimate, you can always use a search engine to investigate, and that would clear up all the doubts. Likely, the very first result will prove that it is a scam. So don’t pay any attention to the warnings and just deal with the problem. There’s nothing to worry about if you’ve ran into it once, but if you get them all the time, you will need to delete Fb.com-directory.co ad-supported program.
How to terminate Fb.com-directory.co
You should be able to take care of Fb.com-directory.co termination rather fast. You have two methods to remove Fb.com-directory.co, manually or automatically. The by hand way may be more time-consuming but we have placed instructions to help you below. If you prefer to use anti-spyware software, obtain the software and have it uninstall Fb.com-directory.co for you. If the pop-ups no longer show up, that means you succeeded in getting rid of the threat.
Learn how to remove Fb.com-directory.co from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Fb.com-directory.co from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Fb.com-directory.co from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Fb.com-directory.co from Windows?
a) Remove Fb.com-directory.co related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Fb.com-directory.co related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Fb.com-directory.co related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Fb.com-directory.co related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Fb.com-directory.co related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Fb.com-directory.co related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Fb.com-directory.co from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Fb.com-directory.co. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Fb.com-directory.co from web browsers?
a) Erase Fb.com-directory.co from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Fb.com-directory.co and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Fb.com-directory.co from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Fb.com-directory.co
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Fb.com-directory.co from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Fb.com-directory.co and choose a new provider
d) Remove Fb.com-directory.co from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
Download Removal Toolto remove Fb.com-directory.co
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.