Surfvox.com Removal Guide
Surfvox.com is a deceitful browser hijacker that can infect your personal computer if you download illegal torrent files. Usually, this potentially unwanted program is hidden in fake files that actually do not work and are used only to spread this malicious threat all over the Internet.
The worst thing is that users download the file on their own, not knowing about its existence. If you like to often download various movies and videos from file sharing websites, get ready to be infected with such PUPs once in a while. Because of this, we do not recommend using or visiting such websites at all. You will surely need to remove surfvox.com right away.
Why is surfvox.com dangerous?
The browser hijacker will surely change your default search provider as well as your home page. The website that appears is highly threatening. The search engine is based on Google custom search, and this means one thing: the results are highly modified and full of dangerous advertisements. You will surely find some sponsored links that are placed there by unknown third parties that want to make profit. Moreover, you will see ads that can take any form, even video or sound advertisements. Clicking on them can put your PC at risk – you may be redirected to sites that are highly suspicious, thus infecting you with all kinds of PC viruses. If you fail to uninstall surfvox.com as soon as possible, there can be some bad things done to your PC. The device may even start crashing randomly. Moreover, it is possible that the hijacker tracks your personal and non-personal data to use it for its own purposes, so terminate surfvox.com now.Download Removal Toolto remove Surfvox.com
How did my PC get infected with surfvox.com?
The PUP usually comes together with a fake torrent Game of Thrones S0409 HDTV x264-KILLERS[ettv], which is supposed to be an episode of the show. As soon as you finish downloading, you will see a zip file or a video file (it is placed in Downloads section).When you try to play the video, you see a report that you need some updates, and this lures you into clicking on the malicious file that has been downloaded onto the PC. At the moment you launch the file (which you think to be the episode) the browser hijacker is installed onto the PC. The name of the file can be either communitycodecs.exe or DivX Player.exe.
How to remove surfvox.com from my computer?
You can delete surfvox.com by following the instructions that have been prepared by our team. However, these can only restore the browsers but not to completely implement surfvox.com removal. We recommend using a highly professional anti-malware and anti-spyware application that could easily uninstall the threat after you do the steps provided below the article.
Uninstall surfvox.com from the browser
- Tap Alt+T and press Internet Options.
- Remove the undesirable address from the section Home Page. Write a new one. Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Navigate to Search Providers.
- Choose a new search provider and delete the unwanted one.
- Tap Alt+F and choose Settings.
- Under On startup, choose Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Press Set Pages.
- Delete Surfvox.com address and type in a new page. Press OK.
- Under Appearance, go to Show Home.
- Press Change.
- Remove the unwanted address and type in a new website. Press OK.
- In Search, press Manage search engines.
- Choose a new default search provider.
- Delete the unwanted search engine from the list and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T and press Options.
- Go to the General tab.
- Remove the unwanted address from the section Home page and type in a new one. Press OK.
- Click the search icon that is placed at the upper-right side of the browser. Choose Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the unwanted engine and choose a new one.
- Click OK.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.