Searchyu.com Removal Guide (Delete Searchyu.com)
Searchyu.com is a browser hijacker that is known for its annoying and intrusive nature. Do not worry: it is not considered to be a virus. It is actually classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that does not cause problems if not used. However, the usage of it may bring some threats into your personal computer, so we advise you to remove searchyu.com from your PC without waiting for any longer. The hijacker won’t enhance your browsing experience in any way.
Quite the opposite – its advertisements and sponsored links can cause some serious damage. Take this into consideration and do not use the search engine. As the majority of browser hijackers, it changes the homepage, default search provider, and new tab of your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer. These and some other changes are implemented without the user’s permission, and it is never good to have such intrusive programs.
Why is searchyu.com dangerous?
How did I get infected with searchyu.com?
No sane user would download such application by himself/herself. Because of this reason, the PUP is spread via software bundles. If a user visits torrent or other P2P pages, he/she is prone to various online infections. You have to know some things about downloading free software: firstly, choose Custom or Advanced installation type. Then, read every step and delete the unwanted programs from the list before their installation. But at the moment, of course, you have to delete searchyu.com.
How to remove searchyu.com from my PC?
If you want to choose the safest searchyu.com removal option possible, use a legitimate anti-malware and anti-spyware application. It will detect and remove everything that may harm your computer (you may not notice all these programs by yourself). Of course, users can uninstall searchyu.com manually, but that won’t get rid of everything that might be dangerous.
Learn how to remove Searchyu.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Searchyu.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Searchyu.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Searchyu.com from Windows?
a) Remove Searchyu.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Searchyu.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Searchyu.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Searchyu.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Searchyu.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Searchyu.com related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove Searchyu.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Searchyu.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Searchyu.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Searchyu.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Searchyu.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Searchyu.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Searchyu.com and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.