S.coldsearch.com Removal Tips
S.coldsearch.com is categorized as a browser hijacker, because it can modify your browser settings without your approval. It affects all most commonly used web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others.
The hijacker gets distributed with the help of free software bundles and usually arrives together with potentially unwanted programs. Its main purpose is to expose you to commercial data, because it earns revenue for its creators every time you click on one of the adverts. Other symptoms of the hijacker include redirects, Internet slow downs, tracking cookies, and more. We suggest that you get rid of S.coldsearch.com without hesitation.
How does S.coldsearch.com work?
Once the hijacker takes over, it switches your home page, new tab page, and default search provider to S.coldsearch.com. This website contains a search box and a fake ad right below it. You should not click on the advert unless you want to deal with some kind of an online scam. If you make use of your new search engine, it will simply redirect you to Google.com. This is interesting because the hijacker’s About page claims that “The coldsearch web search engine is one of a kind as it automatically returns all the best results from leading search engines including Google, Yahoo!, Bing and Yandex.” Clearly, that is not the case.
Download Removal Toolto remove S.coldsearch.com
In addition to the already mentioned unwanted actions that the hijacker takes, it also floods you with pop-ups, banners, links, and other commercials, and redirects you to its sponsor pages. Not only does this interrupt and slow down your online browsing, but it also exposes you to unreliable online content as not all of the presented ads and sites are reliable. You should terminate S.coldsearch.com as soon as you can and thus improve your cyber security level.
How to remove S.coldsearch.com?
There are two ways you can remove S.coldsearch.com from your browsers: manually or automatically. Manual S.coldsearch.com removal is not that complicated, however, automatic removal option is much more reliable. That is why we suggest that you download the anti-malware utility from our page and use it to scan your computer. It will detect all potential issues and erase S.coldsearch.com automatically. You will not have to worry about similar or more serious infections in the future as the malware remover also functions as a malware prevention tool. Alternative solution is to delete S.coldsearch.com manually. In order to complete it you will first have to uninstall the hijacker’s related application and then reset your browsers. If you need more detailed instructions, you can use the ones presented below.
- Open Search (press Win+S)
- Type in Control Panel and open it
- Select Uninstall a program
- Uninstall the unwanted application
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted application
- Choose Uninstall
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- Choose and remove the unwanted program
Eliminate S.coldsearch.com from browsers
- Click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- Choose the unwanted extension and delete it
- In Search Providers section, erase S.coldsearch.com
- Change default search provider
- Go back to Gear icon and click Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Click on menu icon and choose Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- To change your home page, click on Options (General tab)
- Move to Search tab and delete S.coldsearch.com
- Select a new default search engine
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and then Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings → On Startup and click Set pages
- Replace your home page and click OK
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Terminate S.coldsearch.com and pick a new search engine
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.