Your Online Speed Test Virus is categorized as a hijacker, and it possibly is being distributed through free applications. You must have installed some type of free software recently, and it possibly had the browser hijacker added to it. Such threats are why it is essential that you are careful when you install software. Redirect viruses are not exactly harmful threats but they do carry out some suspicious activity. example, you will see modified browser’s settings, and you new tabs and homepages will be set to load an entirely different site. It will alter your search engine, which might inject advertisement content among the real results. You’ll be redirected to advertisement websites since more traffic for those pages means more revenue for owners. Do keep in mind that reroutes may redirect to infected websites, which might result in severe infection. And you do not want to have to deal with malicious software since it would be a much more serious. Redirect viruses tend to pretend they have useful features but you could find proper plug-ins doing the same thing, which will not reroute you to random malware. Something else you need to know is that some hijackers will be monitoring your activity and collecting certain data to know what you’re more likely to click on. It is feasible that the information would be sold to third-parties too. Therefore, eliminate Your Online Speed Test Virus, before it could have a more severe affect on your PC.
Download Removal Toolto remove Your Online Speed Test Virus
How does it behave
Freeware packages is the likely way you infected your operating system. We do not think that users would install them willingly, so freeware bundles is the most probable method. The reason this method is so widely used is because people are negligent when installing programs, missing all hints that something added. The offers are hiding and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means their installation will be authorized. By opting Default settings, you could be permitting permitting the installation of all kinds of unfamiliar applications, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Unchecking those items is crucial, but they’ll only be apparent in Advanced (Custom) mode. Unmarking all the items is suggested in order to prevent unfamiliar program installations. After all the offers have been unchecked, you can continue the freeware installation. Even if these are not high-level infections, they are quite irritating to deal with and can give problems when attempting to get rid of it, so we recommend you stop their threat initially. Review what sources you use to get your programs because by using questionable sites, you are risking getting your PC infected with malicious programs.
You’ll notice rather quickly if your computer was infected with a hijacker. You’ll notice modifications done to your browsers, such as a strange web page set as your home website/new tabs, and the browser redirect won’t require your consent to carry out those changes. All well-known browsers will probably be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The page will greet you every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you remove Your Online Speed Test Virus from your PC. Every time you modify the settings, the browser hijacker will just overrule them. If when you search for something results are made not by your set search engine, the redirect virus possibly changed it. Pressing on any of those results isn’t encouraged as you’ll end up on sponsored websites. Redirect viruses will lead to questionable sites since they aim to help owners make revenue. When more people engage with ads, owners can make more income. They sometimes have little to do with your initial search inquiry, so you ought to have no problems differentiating between valid results and sponsored ones, and they’re unlikely to provide the information you need. There will be cases, however, where they could seem real initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, websites endorsing false anti-malware may come up, and they could seem to be real in the beginning. Since hijackers don’t care whether those sites are safe or not you might be redirected to a web page that would launch a malware enter onto your machine. You should also know that hijackers spy on you in order to get data about what sites you are more likely to enter and your typical search queries. More customized advertisements might be made using the acquired data, if unrelated parties get access to it. The data is also possibly used by the redirect virus to create content that you are more likely to press on. While it isn’t exactly the most dangerous infection, you should still uninstall Your Online Speed Test Virus. Do not forget to alter your browser’s settings back to normal after you’ve completed the process.
Your Online Speed Test Virus uninstallation
It would be best to get rid of the infection the minute you notice it, so erase Your Online Speed Test Virus. Elimination is possible both manually and automatically, and either way shouldn’t cause too much trouble. You’ll have to locate the redirect virus yourself if you opt for the former method. If you’ve never dealt with this type of infection before, below this report you’ll see instructions to help you, while the process shouldn’t cause too much difficulty, it might quite time-consuming. The instructions are quite clear so you should be able to follow them step by step. The other option may be the correct choice if you have no prior experience dealing with this kind of thing. You could obtain spyware removal software and have do everything for you. If it can discover the infection, permit it to terminate it. You may check whether you were successful by altering browser’s settings, if you are allowed to, the threat is gone. The threat still remains if your browser loads the same website. If you actually pay attention when you install programs, you will avoid these annoying situations in the future. If you create good computer habits now, you will be thankful later.Download Removal Toolto remove Your Online Speed Test Virus
Learn how to remove Your Online Speed Test Virus from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Your Online Speed Test Virus from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Your Online Speed Test Virus from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Your Online Speed Test Virus from Windows?
a) Remove Your Online Speed Test Virus related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Your Online Speed Test Virus related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Your Online Speed Test Virus related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Your Online Speed Test Virus related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Your Online Speed Test Virus related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Your Online Speed Test Virus related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Your Online Speed Test Virus from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Your Online Speed Test Virus. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Your Online Speed Test Virus from web browsers?
a) Erase Your Online Speed Test Virus from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Your Online Speed Test Virus and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Your Online Speed Test Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Your Online Speed Test Virus
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Your Online Speed Test Virus from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Your Online Speed Test Virus and choose a new provider
d) Remove Your Online Speed Test Virus from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.