ViewPassword Removal Tips
ViewPassword is classified as an advertising-supported application, because it starts flooding you with commercials as soon as it gets installed. The adware is compatible with all well-known web browsers, which means that your online surfing will be affected no matter which of them you use. The unwanted program does not have an official page. It gets distributed in free software bundles. It is entirely possible that you never wanted to install it at all.
If you wish to improve your online security level and get rid of the unnecessary ads, you should terminate ViewPassword.
How does ViewPassword work?
As it has already been mentioned, ViewPassword travels bundled with free third party software. It is likely not the only unwanted application that you have got on your PC. The adware has been especially linked to programs from Lyrics family such as Ulyrics, LyricsGet, and others. Both of these apps are promoted as tools that can show you song lyrics while you watch YouTube videos, and both of them are completely bogus. They do not follow through on their promises, and instead, much like ViewPassword, they just fill your browsers with commercials. If you want to avoid potentially unwanted and ad-supported applications in the future, you should be more attentive with the software that you install. Always choose Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers presented in the wizard.
Download Removal Toolto remove ViewPassword
Another aspect of the infection that you should be aware of is the fact that the ads that it shows you are not all safe. You will be exposed to fake adverts, clicking on which could result in you landing on corrupted pages. These pages may promote malicious programs as useful tools, urge you to participate in fake lotteries, and so on. If you do not want to fall victim to some online scam, you should delete ViewPassword as soon as possible.
How to remove ViewPassword?
In order to eliminate ViewPassword ads from your browsers, you will have to choose between two removal options: manual or automatic. If you decide to uninstall ViewPassword manually, you are welcome to use the manual removal instructions that are presented below this article. If, on the other hand, you would prefer to not only delete ViewPassword, but also make certain that there are no other unwanted files and applications in your system, you should go with automatic removal instead. This option requires you to implement a reliable anti-malware tool and clean your PC. You can download the security utility from our page and use it to scan your system and remove ViewPassword along with other detected threats. The malware remover also functions as a malware prevention measure, so it will help you keep your PC safe from other Internet-based infections you may be exposed to in the future.
Learn how to remove ViewPassword from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete ViewPassword from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove ViewPassword from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete ViewPassword from Windows?
a) Remove ViewPassword related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on ViewPassword related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall ViewPassword related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select ViewPassword related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete ViewPassword related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select ViewPassword related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove ViewPassword from web browsers?
a) Erase ViewPassword from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase ViewPassword and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate ViewPassword from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate ViewPassword
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete ViewPassword from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate ViewPassword and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.