Thenicenewz.com virus is browser hijacker that will alter your browser’s settings
Thenicenewz.com virus is categorized as a browser hijacker, mainly because it takes over browsers by changing their settings. In order for the hijacker to be able to redirect you, it’ll set its promoted site as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Because hijackers do not ask to carry out these modifications, users are commonly caught off guard when they notice. If the hijacker is not annoying you yet, it soon will because of the unnecessary changes and the redirects. It is also what gives away that the hijacker is present. It’s an instant giveaway that something is not right if you’re randomly redirected. Nevertheless, not all users will realize they’re dealing with a hijacker and overlook the behaviour, if they are not aware of them.
In order for the hijacker to make traffic and profit, you are led to sponsored pages. However, hijacker can sometimes redirect to sites hosting harmful content, so you need to be cautious. The web page you end up on could easily expose you to a malware infection or may trick you into falling for a scam.
While users are the ones installing the hijackers, they generally do it by accident. The installation method is called software bundling. Software bundling is basically adding hijackers, adware, etc, to freeware as extra items. Unless the user manually prevents them from installing, the offers will be authorized to install alongside. Oftentimes, users are unable to uncheck the offers because they aren’t aware of them. If you want to learn how to avoid these unwanted installations, read the following section.
Download Removal Toolto remove Thenicenewz.com virus
Hijacker distribution methods
Because hijackers are not malware, they are not distributed via typical malware methods. Hijackers are permitted to install by users themselves, although it’s oftentimes an accident. They come as additional items attached to free software, and may install alongside. Certain settings need to be chosen during freeware installations in order to even view what’s been attached. Free download websites will normally host free programs that have something added to them. For users who have a habit of downloading many freeware, it is necessary to understand how to stop the unwanted offers from installing.
When installing free software in the future, it is vital that you pick Advanced settings. You won’t only be able to view what’s been added but also deselect everything. Default settings, although it will say that they’re recommended, will automatically install the items. If in Advanced you see that something has been added, uncheck its/their box(es).
Paying attention the installation process of whatever you are installing is essential. Moreover, avoid downloading programs from sites hosting content that’s suspicious. You will flood your computer with junk applications in no time if you don’t pay attention. And compared to having to uninstall junk applications, it’s much simpler to just stop them from installing.
Could Thenicenewz.com virus cause harm
The hijacker installs unnoticeably but it becomes obvious once it’s installed. Whichever browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), the hijacker will make unwanted changes to it. Your homepage and new tabs will be set to the hijacker’s promoted page, so the site will load every time you open your browser. It is very doubtful that something so substantial wouldn’t be noticed. You will also have a different search engine. If you perform a search for something via the address bar, you will be redirected to a weird page and shown modified search results every time. You ought to also be aware that these modifications are done without your authorisation.
You’ll see sponsored pages included among the results, entering which could lead to severe malware. Hijackers embed those results so they can redirect users to certain websites for revenue purposes. Those results are not necessarily harmless and you may end up on websites that could prompt a malware download or advertise scams. Those results will likely be unrelated to what you were searching for so differentiating between them and legitimates ones won’t be difficult.
Unwanted browser modifications and the random redirects are reason enough to uninstall hijackers. Hijackers do not have obviously dangerous features so users often ignore them. Some users do not remove them at all. Keeping a hijacker installed is not suggested because they could expose you to possibly dangerous content.
Hijackers also collect data about users, essentially snooping on their internet activities. It will record what you search for, what websites you visit, what content you interact with, your location, etc. The hijacker may then share and sell the information it has collected to unknown third-parties.
Thenicenewz.com virus deletion
The best way to uninstall Thenicenewz.com virus would be to use anti-spyware software. If you try manual removal, you might miss something, which may result in the hijacker’s recovery. Any leftover files would be removed together with the hijacker if you used anti-spyware software.
You will be able to change your browser’s settings as soon as the hijacker is gone. Pay attention to how you install programs and where you get them from in the future to avoid picking up a hijacker.Download Removal Toolto remove Thenicenewz.com virus
Learn how to remove Thenicenewz.com virus from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Thenicenewz.com virus from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Thenicenewz.com virus from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Thenicenewz.com virus from Windows?
a) Remove Thenicenewz.com virus related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Thenicenewz.com virus related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Thenicenewz.com virus related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Thenicenewz.com virus related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Thenicenewz.com virus related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Thenicenewz.com virus related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Thenicenewz.com virus from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Thenicenewz.com virus. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Thenicenewz.com virus from web browsers?
a) Erase Thenicenewz.com virus from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Thenicenewz.com virus and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Thenicenewz.com virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Thenicenewz.com virus
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Thenicenewz.com virus from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Thenicenewz.com virus and choose a new provider
d) Remove Thenicenewz.com virus from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.