About this threat
Searchprotector.net is thought to be a redirect virus, a somewhat trivial threat that shouldn’t do direct harm to your PC. Hijackers are commonly accidentally installed by users, they might not even be aware of the contamination. reroute viruses spread through free applications, and this is called bundling. It will not directly damage your computer as it is not considered to be dangerous. What it will do, however, is bring about redirects to sponsored pages. Hijackers don’t check the web pages so you could be rerouted to one that would lead to a malware threat. You will gain nothing by keeping the browser hijacker. To return to normal browsing, you ought to eliminate Searchprotector.net.
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchprotector.net
What methods do reroute viruses use to contaminate
Free applications generally come together with added offers. It may have ad-supported software, redirect viruses and various undesirable applications added to it. Users usually end up authorizing browser intruders and other not wanted programs to set up as they do not select Advanced or Custom settings during a free program installation. If something has been adjoined, you will be able to uncheck it there. If you select Default settings, you give those items permission to install automatically. If it infected your computer, abolish Searchprotector.net.
Why should I delete Searchprotector.net?
When a redirect virus manages to invade your device, it will change your browser’s settings. The hijacker’s promoted site will be set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It can affect most browsers you have set up, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. And unless you first remove Searchprotector.net, you may not be able to reverse the setting alterations. We advise avoiding to use the search engine promoted on your new homepage as advertisement results will be inserted into results, so as to reroute you. This would occur as reroute viruses aim to bring about as much traffic as possible for those websites in order to gain profit. You will quickly grow frustrated with the hijacker because it will frequently reroute you to odd websites. They are not only irritating, however, they can also pose certain danger. The reroutes may be capable of leading you to a portal where some harmful software are waiting for you, and you could end up with severe malware on your system. If you want to keep your operating system secured, abolish Searchprotector.net as soon as you notice it.
How to remove Searchprotector.net
If you are an inexperienced user, it would be easiest for you to use anti-spyware applications to uninstall Searchprotector.net. Going with manual Searchprotector.net uninstallation means you will have to locate the browser hijacker yourself. A guide will be provided to help you remove Searchprotector.net in case you struggle with finding it.Download Removal Toolto remove Searchprotector.net
Learn how to remove Searchprotector.net from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Searchprotector.net from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Searchprotector.net from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Searchprotector.net from Windows?
a) Remove Searchprotector.net related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Searchprotector.net related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Searchprotector.net related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Searchprotector.net related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Searchprotector.net related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Searchprotector.net related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Searchprotector.net from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Searchprotector.net. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Searchprotector.net from web browsers?
a) Erase Searchprotector.net from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Searchprotector.net and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Searchprotector.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Searchprotector.net
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Searchprotector.net from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Searchprotector.net and choose a new provider
d) Remove Searchprotector.net from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.