What kind of threat are you dealing with
SearchConverterPro Search redirect will perform modifications to your browser which is why it is classified as a browser hijacker. You probably installed some kind of free program recently, and it possibly had the redirect virus added to it. These kinds of threats are why you need to pay attention to what kind of applications you install, and how you do it. This is not a severe infection but because of its unnecessary behavior, you will want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be set to load the redirect virus’s promoted web page instead of your usual page. Your search engine will also be altered, and it could inject advertisement content among the legitimate results. The redirects are performed so that the owners of those websites can earn money from traffic and advertisements. Some users end up with malware through these kinds of reroutes since some redirect viruses are able to reroute to pages that are full of malicious programs. And malware would be much more severe compared to this. So that people see them as handy, redirect viruses try to appear very beneficial but the reality is, you can easily replace them with legitimate add-ons which wouldn’t redirect you. You may encounter more content you would be interested in, and it is because the redirect virus is tracking your searchers in the background, collecting information about your activity. Unrelated third-parties may also be able to access that data. If you wish to avoid it affecting your PC further, you should immediately eliminate SearchConverterPro Search redirect.
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect
How does SearchConverterPro Search redirect behave
The likely way you got it was via freeware installation. We doubt that you obtained it in any other way, as no one would install them knowing what they are. If users started paying closer attention to how they install applications, these infections would not spread so much. The offers are hiding and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means their installation will be permitted. Default settings will not show anything, and if you still decide to use them, you may infect your computer with all types of unfamiliar items. Advanced (Custom) settings, on the other hand, will make the offers visible. Make sure you uncheck all the items. After all the items have been deselected, you may continue installing the freeware. Dealing with these threats can be quite irritating so you would do yourself a great favor if you initially prevented them. Reconsider from where you acquire your programs because by using suspicious sites, you risk infecting your device with malware.
SearchConverterPro Search redirect uninstallation
It is not the most serious threat you could obtain, but it can still bring about trouble, so if you just terminate SearchConverterPro Search redirect you should be able to restore everything back to normal. You have two options when it comes to getting rid of this threat, whether you opt for manual or automatic should depend on how computer-savvy you are. If you choose the former, you’ll have to locate where the contamination is hiding yourself. It isn’t complicated to do but it might take a bit of time, but below this report you’ll see guidelines to help you. By following the guidelines, you shouldn’t have problems with attempting to get rid of it. However, if you are less computer-savvy, this may not be the right option for you. In that case, it may be best if you obtain anti-spyware software, and permit it to take care of the infection for you. This kind of software is designed to get rid of threats such as this, so there should be no problems. You may now try altering browser’s settings, if you succeed, it means you terminated the infection. If the web page still loads every time you launch your browser, even after you have altered your home website, the browser hijacker was not completely eliminated and was able to recover. If you actually pay attention when installing software, you should be able to avoid these kinds of infections in the future. If you have good computer habits now, you will thank us later.Download Removal Toolto remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect
Learn how to remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete SearchConverterPro Search redirect from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete SearchConverterPro Search redirect from Windows?
a) Remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on SearchConverterPro Search redirect related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall SearchConverterPro Search redirect related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select SearchConverterPro Search redirect related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete SearchConverterPro Search redirect related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select SearchConverterPro Search redirect related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including SearchConverterPro Search redirect. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect from web browsers?
a) Erase SearchConverterPro Search redirect from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase SearchConverterPro Search redirect and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate SearchConverterPro Search redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate SearchConverterPro Search redirect
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete SearchConverterPro Search redirect from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate SearchConverterPro Search redirect and choose a new provider
d) Remove SearchConverterPro Search redirect from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.