Search.searchitknow.com Removal Tips
Search.searchitknow.com, also known as SearchKnow, is classified as a browser hijacker. It may seem like a useful search tool at first, but we assure you that is not the case. The hijacker gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles, even though it has an official webpage. Once it enters your system, it alters your browser settings without your permission.
It does not matter which web browser you use, because the hijacker is compatible with all major browsers. If you want to go back to regular Internet surfing without unnecessary changes and interruptions, you should terminate Search.searchitknow.com.
How does Search.searchitknow.com work?
The main symptom of the hijacker is its ability to alter your home page and default search engine. The website that you see every time you go online contains nothing but a search box. If you make use of it, you will get redirected to search.yahoo.com. The search results page contains sponsored ads and links. We suggest that you avoid them. The same goes for advertisements presented to you on other sites that you visit. Some of the adverts provided by the hijacker may be unreliable. If you click on them, you could end up on a corrupted website and fall victim to a virtual scam.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchitknow.com
The hijacker is also known to track your cookies and collect your information. It records and stores user submitted data and details about your browsing habits such as the pages you view, adverts you click on, searches you make, products you have purchased, and more. This information may be used for marketing purposes as well as shared and sold to third parties. If you are not comfortable with that, you should delete Search.searchitknow.com from your browsers as soon as you can.
How to remove Search.searchitknow.com?
If you want to eliminate Search.searchitknow.com from your browsers, there are two options you can choose from. You can erase Search.searchitknow.com manually or automatically. Manual removal instructions are presented below the article, in case you need further assistance. Keep in mind that SearchKnow may not be the only unwanted application on your computer. You should uninstall all unwanted programs that entered your PC together with the hijacker. Alternative solution is to delete Search.searchitknow.com automatically. If you download and install the anti-malware tool from our page, you will be able to uninstall Search.searchitknow.com along with other potential threats without any difficulty. It will also protect your computer from similar and more serious online infections in the future.
Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted software and click Uninstall
- Click on Start and move to Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted software and click Remove
Remove Search.searchitknow.com from browsers
- Open the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and erase Search.searchitknow.com
- Select a new default search provider
- Click on the menu again and choose Add-ons
- Terminate unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu and select Settings
- In the On Startup section click on Set pages
- Change your home page and click OK
- In Search section click Manage search engines
- Eliminate Search.searchitknow.com
- Choose a new search provider
- Go to Extensions (above Settings)
- Delete unwanted browser extensions
- Tap Alt+X and go to Internet Options
- On the General tab, set your home page
- Go back to the menu (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, terminate unwanted add-ons
- Go to Search Providers and uninstall Search.searchitknow.com
- Select a new default search provider
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.