What can be said about this infection
Pop-ups and redirects such as PublicCharacterSearch are usually occurring because of an adware set up. You yourself installed the adware, it happened during a free application installation. If you are not familiar with what an adware is, you could be puzzled about what is going on. The adware will generate intrusive pop-up commercials but will not directly endanger your computer, as it’s not malware. It might, however, lead you to a dangerous site, which might result in a dangerous malware infection. You need to terminate PublicCharacterSearch because adware will not assist you in any way.
How does an adware operate
Advertising-supported software could manage to set up onto the computer without you even realizing what’s going on, using free software. If you oftentimes download free software then you ought to know that certain offers may come together with it. Those items include adware, reroute viruses and other potentially unnecessary programs (PUPs). You ought to avoid choosing Default mode during installation, as those settings will permit all kinds of offers to install. Opting for Advanced (Custom) settings is encouraged instead. If you pick Advanced instead of Default, you will be permitted to uncheck everything, so you are encouraged to choose those. Opt for those settings and you will not have to deal with these unwanted installations.
The most noticeable clue of an advertising-supported application infection is you noticing an increased amount of adverts. You will bump into advertisements everywhere, whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. So whichever browser you use, you will not be able to escape advertisements, they will be gone only if you terminate PublicCharacterSearch. Don’t be surprised to encounter a lot of ads as that is how adware generate profit.You will occasionally encounter adware offering you some type of application to obtain but you should never do it.Applications and updates ought to only be acquired from official web pages and not weird pop-ups. In case you did not know, those pop-ups might bring about a malware infection so dodge them. You may also see that your operating system is running more sluggish than usual, and your browser will fail to load more regularly. Ad-supported programs There is nothing to be gained from keeping the advertising-supported software so we encourage you uninstall PublicCharacterSearch as soon as possible.
You can remove PublicCharacterSearch in two ways, depending on your knowledge with OSs. If you have or are willing to obtain spyware removal software, we suggest automatic PublicCharacterSearch uninstallation. You might also eliminate PublicCharacterSearch manually but it can be more complex since you would have to do everything yourself, which can take time as locating the adware could be difficult.
Learn how to remove PublicCharacterSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete PublicCharacterSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove PublicCharacterSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete PublicCharacterSearch from Windows?
a) Remove PublicCharacterSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on PublicCharacterSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall PublicCharacterSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select PublicCharacterSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete PublicCharacterSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select PublicCharacterSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove PublicCharacterSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including PublicCharacterSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove PublicCharacterSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase PublicCharacterSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase PublicCharacterSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate PublicCharacterSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate PublicCharacterSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete PublicCharacterSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate PublicCharacterSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove PublicCharacterSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.