OurSurfing.com Removal Guide
OurSurfing.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to SmartWave Technology Limited. The application is promoted as a high quality search engine that can provide you with the most relevant search results. Unfortunately, it does not differ much from other hijackers such as Omniboxes.com, Luckysearches.com, Jamenize.com, and so on. Its main purpose has nothing to do with bringing you the best search results. Instead, it aims at promoting its sponsors.
The hijacker uses various tactics in order to do so, including browser settings modifications, redirects, adverts, and so on. There is no reason why you should tolerate it. We suggest that you delete OurSurfing.com from your browsers as soon as possible.
How does OurSurfing.com work?
OurSurfing.com gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles. It enters your system together with potentially unwanted applications. The hijacker has been linked to such applications as Oursurfing, GoSave, MassTube, and others. In order to erase OurSurfing.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall all of these programs from your computer. You should try avoiding similar software in the future, because there is nothing useful about it. If you want to make sure that you only install the freeware of your choice, you should select Advanced or Custom installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you in the installation wizard.
Download Removal Toolto remove OurSurfing.com
The main symptom of the hijacker is the fact that it changes your home page and default search engine to OurSurfing.com. The webpage contains a search box, search parameters, and links to License, Privacy, and About. The search box redirects you to search.yahoo.com, which is a reliable site. However, you will see ads and sponsored links on it. You will also see sponsored content on other pages that you visit. These ads are presented to you by the hijacker. Keep in mind that it does not endorse the adverts, which means that they could be fake. If you do not want to risk your online security, you should not click on any ads until you get rid of OurSurfing.com.
How to remove OurSurfing.com?
You can terminate OurSurfing.com manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you can make use of the instructions we have prepared below the article. Make sure that you delete all potentially unwanted applications. Alternatively, you can remove OurSurfing.com using the anti-malware tool presented on our page. It will scan your system and detect all unnecessary files and programs. It will then eliminate OurSurfing.com and other threats from your PC. The security software will also protect your computer from similar and more serious infections that you may encounter while surfing the Web.
- Press Win+S to open Search
- Type in Control Panel and click on it
- Select Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Pick the unwanted software and click Uninstall/Remove
Eliminate OurSurfing.com from browsers:
- Click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- Choose and erase unwanted extensions
- In Search providers, remove OurSurfing.com
- Change default search engine
- Go back and click on Gear icon again
- Click Internet Options and overwrite your home page
- Open Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Move to Settings (below Extensions)
- Choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and set a new home page
- Select Manage search engines under Search
- Uninstall OurSurfing.com
- Set a new default search engine
- Click on the menu icon (top-right corner)
- Select Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab modify your home page
- On the Search tab delete OurSurfing.com
- Select a new search provider
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.