About this threat in short
Ointended.pro is a hijacker that might out of the blue arrive in your OS. Browser hijackers are usually accidentally set up by users, they may even be oblivious to the infection. It travels attached to free software so if it’s on your device, you didn’t see it being adjoined when you installed freeware. No need to worry about the hijacker directly harming your system as it’s not believed to be malicious. Nevertheless, it might be capable of bringing about redirects to promoted portals. Redirect viruses do not check the pages so you can be led to one that would allow malware to infect your OS. You will gain nothing by allowing the hijacker to stay. Erase Ointended.pro for everything to return to normal.
Download Removal Toolto remove Ointended.pro
How did the hijacker infect my machine
You may not know that additional items travel along with freeware. Adware, redirect viruses and other potentially undesirable utilities might come as those added offers. Those attached items are hidden in Advanced (Custom) settings so choosing those settings will help in preventing hijacker and other unnecessary item installations. All you need to do if there is something adjoined is uncheck it/them. They will set up automatically if you use Default settings because they fail to make you aware of anything added, which allows those items to set up. If it infected your machine, eliminate Ointended.pro.
Why must you erase Ointended.pro?
Expect for your browser’s settings to be modified as soon as you install the browser hijacker. The reroute virus’s executed changes include setting its advertised site as your homepage, and it won’t need your consent to do this. All popular browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will have those changes performed. Reversing the changes might not be doable unless you make sure to terminate Ointended.pro first. A search engine will appear on your new homepage but we do not advise using it as it will embed advertisement content into the results, so as to redirect you. Redirect viruses redirect you to peculiar pages as the more traffic the page receives, the more revenue owners get. You will quickly grow tired of the browser hijacker because it will carry out frequent reroutes to odd portals. They aren’t only bothersome, however, they can also pose certain harm. You could be led to some harmful website, where malevolent software can be waiting, by those redirects. We advise that you delete Ointended.pro as soon as it makes itself known since only then will you be able to bypass a more severe contamination.
How to erase Ointended.pro
You need to get anti-spyware applications to fully erase Ointended.pro. Going with manual Ointended.pro termination means you will have to locate the redirect virus yourself. However, guidelines on how to uninstall Ointended.pro will be presented below this article.Download Removal Toolto remove Ointended.pro
Learn how to remove Ointended.pro from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Ointended.pro from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Ointended.pro from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Ointended.pro from Windows?
a) Remove Ointended.pro related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Ointended.pro related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Ointended.pro related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Ointended.pro related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Ointended.pro related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Ointended.pro related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Ointended.pro from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Ointended.pro. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Ointended.pro from web browsers?
a) Erase Ointended.pro from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Ointended.pro and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Ointended.pro from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Ointended.pro
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Ointended.pro from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Ointended.pro and choose a new provider
d) Remove Ointended.pro from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.