What is New.start.com?
New.start.com is a search engine which allows users to search for images, videos, news, and general search results. The search provider really looks decent because it allows users to search for the information like any other search engine. In addition, it provides easy-access links to such websites as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Gmail, Pinterest, and the like. Unfortunately, these features do not mean that New.start.com is a reliable search engine, so if you ever notice its presence on your browsers, you should get rid of it immediately. It will not be easy to remove New.start.com from browsers because this search engine cannot be removed via Control Panel. Of course, there are many other ways to do that. We promise to help you to delete New.start.com further in this article, so please continue reading it.
Why should I get rid of New.start.com?
It is not advisable to keep and use New.start.com to search for the information because this search engine might provide users with unreliable search results. These search results might even take users to third-party web pages with malicious software on them. Actually, you should never trust search engines that are set without your permission because they are untrustworthy. They might not only expose to threats, but might also, like New.start.com, collect information about you and even sell it to third-party companies in order to display commercials for you. If you do not uninstall New.start.com, it will gather such details as your IP address, approximate location, time and date of your system, the version of Windows, search queries, and the like. Some specialists also claim that New.start.com might touch your personal details, especially if you enter them accidentally into the search box. We believe that you want to protect your privacy, so we suggest that you remove New.start.com from the system right now.
How did New.start.com slither onto my computer?
New.start.com is usually distributed in software bundles together with programs that belong to the category of freeware or shareware, so you might not even notice how it slithers onto your computer. Of course, theoretically, it is possible that you have set New.start.com yourself consciously, but we believe that it is not very likely. New.start.com is not the only infection that is spread in software bundles. According to the specialists, various adware programs, Trojans, etc. might use unfair methods to enter systems too. To protect your system, install a security tool and surf the web more cautiously in the future. You should also start installing programs very attentively.
How to delete New.start.com?
As you already know, New.start.com cannot be removed via Control Panel easily. Luckily, you will be able to do that by resetting all your browsers one by one. If you have never tried doing that, you can implement the New.start.com removal automatically as well. All you need to do is to install a security tool on your computer and scan your system with it. If you acquire a trustworthy application, it will implement the New.start.com removal for you within seconds.
Learn how to remove new.startnow.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete new.startnow.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove new.startnow.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete new.startnow.com from Windows?
a) Remove new.startnow.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on new.startnow.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall new.startnow.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select new.startnow.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete new.startnow.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select new.startnow.com related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove new.startnow.com from web browsers?
a) Erase new.startnow.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase new.startnow.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate new.startnow.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate new.startnow.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete new.startnow.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate new.startnow.com and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.