About this threat in short
MyHomePage.pro is a browser intruder not thought to be a serious infection. Reroute viruses are normally accidentally set up by users, they might not even be aware of the contamination. You must have recently installed some kind of a free program, because hijackers commonly use program packages to distribute. It will not directly damage your system as it’s not considered to be dangerous. Be aware, however, that you might be redirected to sponsored websites, as the redirect virus aims to generate pay-per-click profit. Those websites will not always secure so if you visited a hazardous portal, you might end up with a much more serious infection on your computer. It will not provide any beneficial features to you, so it ought to not be permitted to remain. Eliminate MyHomePage.pro for everything to return to normal.
Download Removal Toolto remove MyHomePage.pro
How did the browser hijacker arrive in my machine
Free applications oftentimes travel with added items. It might be all sorts of items, like adware, reroute viruses and other types of unwanted utilities. Those attached offers are hidden in Advanced (Custom) mode so unless you select those settings, you will set up browser intruders or other unwanted programs. All you need to do if there is something added is uncheck it/them. By using Default settings, you are basically giving them authorization to set up automatically. If it arrived in your PC, remove MyHomePage.pro.
Why should I delete MyHomePage.pro?
You will quickly notice that it modifies your browser’s settings as soon as the hijacker manages to install onto your PC. The browser intruder’s carried out changes include setting its sponsored page as your homepage, and it won’t need your consent to do this. Whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they will all be affected. Undoing the modifications may not be possible unless you make sure to abolish MyHomePage.pro first. A search engine will be shown on your new home web page but we do not recommend using it as advertisement results will be implanted into results, in order to redirect you. The hijacker wants to generate as much income as possible, which is why those redirects would happen. Those redirects can be very annoying since you will end up on strange pages. While those reroutes are certainly irritating they might also be quite dangerous. You may be led to some dangerous web page, where malevolent software could be lurking, by those redirects. To block a much more serious contamination, eliminate MyHomePage.pro from your device.
If you’re an inexperienced user, it would be easiest for you to employ anti-spyware software to terminate MyHomePage.pro. If you opt for by hand MyHomePage.pro termination, you will have to identify all connected programs yourself. Guidelines will be presented to help you uninstall MyHomePage.pro in case you have a hard time with locating it.Download Removal Toolto remove MyHomePage.pro
Learn how to remove MyHomePage.pro from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete MyHomePage.pro from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove MyHomePage.pro from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete MyHomePage.pro from Windows?
a) Remove MyHomePage.pro related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on MyHomePage.pro related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall MyHomePage.pro related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select MyHomePage.pro related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete MyHomePage.pro related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select MyHomePage.pro related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove MyHomePage.pro from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including MyHomePage.pro. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove MyHomePage.pro from web browsers?
a) Erase MyHomePage.pro from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase MyHomePage.pro and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate MyHomePage.pro from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate MyHomePage.pro
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete MyHomePage.pro from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate MyHomePage.pro and choose a new provider
d) Remove MyHomePage.pro from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.