What is MainCharacterSearch
MainCharacterSearch falls into the adware category. The adware is pretty benign by itself, compared to what else you might pick, and is more annoying than anything. The sooner you remove the adware, the better because while it won’t cause serious harm, it is still an infection. While adware is relatively not dangerous by itself, it can still subject you to highly dangerous content. So as to dodge a potential infection, we would strongly suggest you do not interact with advertisements until MainCharacterSearch deletion.
You’re possibly unsure about how this adware managed to enter. Using something called software bundling, potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijackers come together with free programs, added as extra offers. The way the offers are attached permits their installation alongside the software. We’ll clarify how to install freeware without any extra offers in the following section of the article.
How does adware install
So as to fool users into installing it, adware comes added to free software as an additional item. The way it is attached allows it to install together with the freeware without requiring to inform users. Attached items will be purposely hidden from users to guarantee they are installed.
The first step to prevent unnecessary installations is making the offers visible. What you should do is opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default when you’re installing freeware. Advanced will make all extra offers visible, and you’ll have the option of unchecking them. We always advise you deselect all items, even if they at first seem handy.
Download Removal Toolto remove MainCharacterSearch
Is adware harmful
The adware will add itself to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other well-known browsers. You’ll constantly be redirected to weird sites and displayed many advertisements, hence why you will recognize adware instantly. The adware is not particularly harmful by itself but the adverts it shows are another story. The advertisements and redirects may lead you to harmful content like malware and scams.
It is also often the case that adware is responsible if you are displayed a tech-support scam. Tech-support scams declare that you have to call the displayed number to get technical support because supposedly there’s an infection present on your device, only for the supposed tech-support to turn out to be con artists.
Bear in mind that adware will also record data about how you use the internet, particularly search queries, what web pages you visit and what advertisements you would be interested in. Advertisements you’d be more prone to pressing on would be created by the adware using the collected data.
Ways to remove MainCharacterSearch
MainCharacterSearch removal using anti-spyware software would be easiest. In case you wish to uninstall MainCharacterSearch manually but do not know where to begin, instructions to help you will be provided below this report. Additional ads will no longer be displayed once you have removed MainCharacterSearch from the device.Download Removal Toolto remove MainCharacterSearch
Learn how to remove MainCharacterSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete MainCharacterSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove MainCharacterSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete MainCharacterSearch from Windows?
a) Remove MainCharacterSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on MainCharacterSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall MainCharacterSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select MainCharacterSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete MainCharacterSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select MainCharacterSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove MainCharacterSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including MainCharacterSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove MainCharacterSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase MainCharacterSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase MainCharacterSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate MainCharacterSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate MainCharacterSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete MainCharacterSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate MainCharacterSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove MainCharacterSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.