Istartsurf Removal Guide
Istartsurf is classified as a browser hijacker by many specialists because it appears on all the browsers without permission. If you have already noticed that istartsurf.com has changed your homepage and search engine, there is no doubt that Istartsurf browser hijacker has already slithered onto your computer. Even though the search engine Istartsurf has set looks completely decent (there are easy-access links on it and a search bar), we still suggest that you get rid of it.
You will be able to do that only if you delete Istartsurf from your system. We are going to tell you why it is so important to go for the Istartsurf removal further in this article. We will also provide you with the manual removal instructions in it.
How does Istartsurf act?
As has been mentioned, Istartsurf will modify the settings on all the browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Even though the search engine which it will set looks decent, we still do not think that it is a good idea to use it to search for the information. The main reason why it is so is that this search engine might provide you with unreliable search results. They will be modified, which means that various links and ads will be placed among search results. There are cases when these ads and links lead to corrupted web pages. Therefore, we suggest that you find another search tool and uninstall Istartsurf from the system as soon as possible. You should do that for the sake of your privacy too because the search engine set by Istartsurf browser hijacker might collect all kinds of information about you. Many researchers say that it can access both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable data, so you have to be really cautious. Make sure that you do not use such search engines as qone8.com, sweet-page.com, and webssearches.com in the future too because they all act like Istartsurf.Download Removal Toolto remove Istartsurf
How did Istartsurf enter my system?
Istartsurf browser hijacker often comes bundled with other applications, usually freeware and shareware, so you will not surprise us if you say that you have downloaded some kind of application from a third-party web page recently. You have to be really cautious with those free programs because the creators of untrustworthy software use the method called bundling to distribute their applications. Those users who know that they will not be able to protect their systems have to install a security tool on their PCs.
How to remove Istartsurf?
Browser hijackers, unfortunately, cannot be erased like other decent programs, i.e. it will not be enough to remove Istartsurf via Control Panel. Luckily, you can still implement the Istartsurf removal yourself – use our manual removal instructions for this matter. As you can see, you will have to delete Istartsurf via Control Panel and then erase all the extensions from your browsers. Another way to remove Istartsurf is to scan the system with an automatic tool. You should decide yourself which method to employ.
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program and click Remove.
- Open the Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select the software and click Uninstall.
- Right-click anywhere on the background and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select the undesirable program and click Uninstall.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the extension and click remove.
- Open your browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Select Extensions.
- Find the unwanted extension, select it, and then erase it.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F.
- Open Tools and click Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension.
- Click the trash button.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.