What kind of infection are you dealing with
FreeHDSearch.com is regarded as a browser hijacker, an infection that will change your browser’s settings without authorization. You probably installed some kind of freeware recently, and it came together with a browser hijacker. These unneeded programs are why it is crucial that you pay attention to how you install applications. While hijackers are not high-level threats but their behavior is somewhat suspicious. Your browser’s home website and new tabs will be set to load the redirect virus’s promoted page instead of your usual web page. Your search engine will also be modified, and it could inject advertisement content among the real results. If you press on one of those result, you’ll be redirected to strange sites, whose owners get profit from boosted traffic. You need to be careful with those reroutes because you could contaminate your device with malicious software if you were rerouted to a malicious site. And a severe malicious program contamination could be more trouble than you think. Browser hijackers tend to pretend they have handy features but they are easily replaceable with legitimate plug-ins, which won’t cause random redirects. Something else you should be aware of is that some browser hijackers would be able to follow user activity and collect certain information in order to know what you’re more likely to click on. Suspicious third-parties could also be able to access that info. Thus, terminate FreeHDSearch.com, before it can have a more serious affect on your computer.
Download Removal Toolto remove FreeHDSearch.com
What does it do
This might come as surprise but redirect viruses are generally added to free software. They are clearly very invasive infections, so we doubt anyone would knowingly installed them. Because users do not pay attention to how they install programs, this method allows browser redirects and similar infections to be spread. The offers are hiding and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means you will be authorizing them to install. Selecting Default mode would be a mistake as they will not show anything. Deselecting those items is crucial, but they will only be visible in Advanced or Custom settings. If you don’t want to deal with unwanted installations, unchecking every box that becomes visible. Only continue installing the application after you deselect everything. Even if these are not serious infections, they are rather irritating to deal with and can be difficult to get rid of, so we recommend you stop their infection in the first place. You also need to be more cautious about where you get your applications from because untrustworthy sources increase your chances of getting an infection.
Browser redirect infections are seen right away, even by non computer-savvy users. Alterations to your browser will be executed without permission, mainly your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be modified to an unfamiliar page. Popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will likely be affected. And until you remove FreeHDSearch.com from the operating system, you will be stuck with the page loading every time your browser is opened. Changing the settings back would a waste of time because the hijacker will modify them again. If when you search for something results are generated by a strange search engine, it is likely that the browser hijacker is to blame. As the infection’s prime intention is to redirect you, it’s possible you will encounter sponsored links in the results. You’ll be redirected because browser hijackers intend to aid web page owners make more profit from increased traffic. After all, more traffic means more users on adverts, meaning more money. If you press on those websites, you will be taken to pages with no relation to what you were searching for, where you will see no appropriate data. Some of the results may look real at first but if you pay attention, you should be able to differentiate them. The reason you should be careful is because some websites may be malicious, which could lead to a serious threat. In addition, the hijacker might also be monitoring how you browse the Internet and gathering certain type of data about you. Some browser hijackers share the data with third-parties, and it is used adverts purposes. The info might also be used by the redirect virus for the purposes of personalizing sponsored results so that you’re more prone to clicking on it. We’re sure that the hijacker doesn’t belong on your system, so uninstall FreeHDSearch.com. Since there will be nothing stopping you, after you carry out the process, ensure you modify your browser’s settings.
Ways to terminate FreeHDSearch.com
If you wish for your browsing to return to normal, you’ll have to delete FreeHDSearch.com, and the sooner you do it, the better. It is achievable both by hand and automatically, and neither of which should be too difficult. You’ll have to locate the browser hijacker yourself if you choose the former method. It isn’t complicated to do but it may take a bit of time, but instructions to aid you may be found below this report. By following the guidelines, you shouldn’t have problems with getting rid of it. However, it may be too complicated for those who have no computer experience. You could download anti-spyware software and have it get rid of the infection for you. The software will scan your PC for the threat and when it discovers it, you just need to authorize it to dispose of the browser hijacker. You may now attempt to change browser’s settings, if you are successful, the infection should no longer be present. If the browser hijacker’s site still appears, you must have not seen something and the browser hijacker is still present. Try to prevent unwanted programs from installing in the future, and that means you ought to be more attentive when installing programs. Ensure you create good tech habits because it can prevent a lot of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove FreeHDSearch.com
Learn how to remove FreeHDSearch.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete FreeHDSearch.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove FreeHDSearch.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete FreeHDSearch.com from Windows?
a) Remove FreeHDSearch.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on FreeHDSearch.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall FreeHDSearch.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select FreeHDSearch.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete FreeHDSearch.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select FreeHDSearch.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove FreeHDSearch.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including FreeHDSearch.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove FreeHDSearch.com from web browsers?
a) Erase FreeHDSearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase FreeHDSearch.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate FreeHDSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate FreeHDSearch.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete FreeHDSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate FreeHDSearch.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove FreeHDSearch.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.