What can be mentioned about this threat
OnlineSportsSearch is a browser intruder categorized as a pretty minor threat. Installation for the most part happens by chance and often users are not even aware of how it occurred. Browser intruders spread through freeware, and this is called bundling. A redirect virus is not a malicious virus and shouldn’t do any direct damage. What it will do, however, is reroute to sponsored portals. Those websites won’t always safe so if you visited a hazardous site, you may end up permitting a much more serious threat to infect your operating system. You will gain nothing by keeping the reroute virus. To go back to normal browsing, you just need to remove OnlineSportsSearch.
Download Removal Toolto remove OnlineSportsSearch
Reroute virus travel ways
Free programs oftentimes come with extra offers. Adware, hijackers and other potentially undesirable applications may come as those additional items. Those added items are hidden in Advanced (Custom) mode so if you don’t select those settings, you will install browser intruders or other unwanted programs. If something has been added, it will appear there, and you ought to unmark everything. You will set them up automatically if you use Default mode because they fail to make you aware of anything attached, which authorizes those items to install. You should uninstall OnlineSportsSearch as it set up onto your system without proper authorization.
Why should I delete OnlineSportsSearch?
The moment the browser intruder invades your OS, your browser’s settings will be altered. The hijacker’s promoted site will be set to load as your homepage. It does not really matter which browser you are using, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, because they will all have that page loading. Undoing the changes might not be possible unless you make sure to uninstall OnlineSportsSearch first. A search engine will be displayed on your new home web page but we don’t recommend using it as sponsored results will be inserted into results, so as to redirect you. Hijackers aim to make as much traffic as possible for sites so that owners get income, which is why those reroutes are happening. The reroutes will be very irritating since you will end up on strange sites. We feel it is necessary to say that the redirects won’t only be annoying but also somewhat damaging. Be careful of damaging redirects since they may lead to a more serious infection. To block a much more serious infection, eliminate OnlineSportsSearch from your PC.
In order to uninstall OnlineSportsSearch, we suggest you use anti-spyware applications. Going with manual OnlineSportsSearch uninstallation means you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. If you scroll down, you will find a guide we created to help you eliminate OnlineSportsSearch.Download Removal Toolto remove OnlineSportsSearch
Learn how to remove OnlineSportsSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete OnlineSportsSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove OnlineSportsSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete OnlineSportsSearch from Windows?
a) Remove OnlineSportsSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on OnlineSportsSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall OnlineSportsSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select OnlineSportsSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete OnlineSportsSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select OnlineSportsSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove OnlineSportsSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including OnlineSportsSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove OnlineSportsSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase OnlineSportsSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase OnlineSportsSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate OnlineSportsSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate OnlineSportsSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete OnlineSportsSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate OnlineSportsSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove OnlineSportsSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.