About this infection
SearchConverter is a hijacker that could abruptly arrive in your system. Hijackers are for the most part not voluntarily installed by users, they might not even be aware of the infection. It is spread adjoined to freeware so if you find it residing in your OS, you did not notice it being added when you installed freeware. A redirect virus is not a malicious virus and ought to not do any direct damage. bear in mind, however, that you might be rerouted to sponsored web pages, as the reroute virus aims to create pay-per-click profit. Hijackers don’t ensure the websites are not dangerous so you could be redirected to one that would allow malware to infiltrate your device. It is not advised to keep it as it will give no handy services. Erase SearchConverter to go back to normal surfing.
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchConverter
How are reroute viruses usually set up
Freeware frequently come with extra items. The list includes adware, hijackers and other types of not wanted programs. Those extra items may only be spotted in Advanced (Custom) settings so if you do not select those settings, you will set up browser intruders or other not wanted utilities. Advanced settings will show you if anything has been adjoined, and if there is, you will be able to untick it. If you opt for Default mode, you give those offers permission to set up automatically. Unchecking a few boxes is much quicker than it would be to delete SearchConverter, so take that into consideration the next time you’re flying through installation.
Why must you abolish SearchConverter?
Do not be surprised to see your browser’s settings changed the moment it manages to invades your system. The browser hijacker’s executed modifications include setting its sponsored website as your home web page, and it will not need your permission so as to do this. It doesn’t really matter which browser you use, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, because they will all have that web page loading. If you wish to be able to undo the modifications, you will have to first deleteSearchConverter. Your new home web page will be promoting a search engine, which we don’t recommend using as it will expose you to plenty of sponsored content, in order to redirect you. The reroute virus wants to make as much income as possible, which is why those reroutes would occur. Those redirects can be very troublesome since you will end up on all types of strange web pages. You ought to also be aware that the redirects could also be somewhat harmful. Be cautious of harmful redirects as they could lead to a more severe contamination. If you want this to not occur, delete SearchConverter from your system.
It should be much easier if you got spyware elimination software and had it removeSearchConverter for you. By hand SearchConverter removal means you will have to identify the hijacker yourself, which could take time because you will have to identify the browser hijacker yourself. A guide will be provided to help you remove SearchConverter in case you cannot find it.Download Removal Toolto remove SearchConverter
Learn how to remove SearchConverter from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete SearchConverter from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove SearchConverter from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete SearchConverter from Windows?
a) Remove SearchConverter related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on SearchConverter related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall SearchConverter related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select SearchConverter related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete SearchConverter related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select SearchConverter related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove SearchConverter from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including SearchConverter. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove SearchConverter from web browsers?
a) Erase SearchConverter from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase SearchConverter and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate SearchConverter from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate SearchConverter
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete SearchConverter from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate SearchConverter and choose a new provider
d) Remove SearchConverter from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.