What is a browser hijacker
Onlinecontent.fun virus redirect virus may be to blame for the changes carried out to your browser, and it might have infiltrated along with freeware. You must have installed some type of free software recently, and it likely had the redirect virus adjoined to it. Such infections are why you need to are careful when you install software. While redirect viruses are not harmful threats themselves, their actions are somewhat suspicious. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be altered, and a different page will load instead of your normal site. They also alter your search engine into one that can insert advertisement content into results. You’re rerouted because the hijacker aims to boost traffic for some sites, and in turn, make profit for owners. Some people end up with malware through these kinds of reroutes because some browser hijackers are able to redirect to pages that are full of malware. And a malware contaminations would be more severe. You may find the redirect virus’s supplied features helpful but you should know that you can find legitimate add-ons with the same features, which do not put your machine in jeopardy. Some browser redirects are also known to gather certain kind of data, like sites visited, so that more personalized adverts could be displayed. That info might also fall into suspicious third-party hands. And the sooner you terminate Onlinecontent.fun virus, the better.
Download Removal Toolto remove Onlinecontent.fun virus
How does it behave
It is a known fact that redirect viruses come along with freeware bundles. This is possibly just a case of negligence, and you didn’t purposely choose to install it. This method is effective because people don’t pay attention during program installations, as in they rush and do not read the information that is provided. The offers are hidden and if you rush, you have no chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means you’ll be allowing them to install. Don’t use Default settings because they do not permit you to deselect anything. Instead, opt for Advanced (Custom) mode because they will not only allow you to see what has been attached but also provide an opportunity to uncheck everything. It is suggested that you unmark all the items. After you uncheck all the offers, you may continue installing the freeware. Even though they are minor infections, they take some time to deal with and may give problems when trying to get rid of it, so we recommend you prevent their threat initially. You’re also suggested to not download from dubious sources as you can easily get malware this way.
You’ll know quite quickly if your operating system was infected with a browser redirect. It will alter your browser’s settings, set its promoted website as your home website, new tabs and search engine, and it will do that without requiring your permission. All well-known browsers will probably be affected, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And unless you first uninstall Onlinecontent.fun virus from the operating system, the website will load every time you launch your browser. The redirect virus will overrule all modifications you carry out so don’t waste time trying to alter the settings back to normal. It is also probable that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would created not from the search engine you set but from the hijacker’s promoted one. Relying on those results is not encouraged because you’ll be rerouted to advertisement content. Browser redirects are sometimes employed by website owners to boost traffic and make more profit, which is why you are redirected. Owners will be able to earn more income when their web pages have more traffic as more users will likely interact with ads. They often have little to do with what you were looking for, so you get little from those pages. There will be cases, however, where they could look real in the beginning, if you were to search ‘malware’, pages endorsing false security programs may come up, and they may look to be real initially. Because hijackers don’t care whether those web pages are safe or not you might end up on one that could prompt malware to download onto your machine. Hijackers also tend to keep an eye on how users use the Internet, collecting certain data. You need to find out if the gathered data would be sold to third-parties, who may use it to customize ads. The reroute virus can also use it for its own purposes of making sponsored content which you’d be more prone to pressing on. We’re certain that the browser hijacker shouldn’t be permitted to stay on your operating system, so remove Onlinecontent.fun virus. Since there will be nothing stopping you, after you complete the process, make sure you undo the reroute virus’s carried out modifications.
Ways to delete Onlinecontent.fun virus
While the threat is not as serious as some others, we still recommend that you remove Onlinecontent.fun virus sooner rather than later. While you have two options when it comes to disposing of the browser hijacker, by hand and automatic, you should pick the one best matching your knowledge about computers. If you have terminated software before, you may proceed with the former, as you will have to locate the infection’s location yourself. While it’s not hard to do, it might take a bit of time, but guidelines to help you will be supplied. If you follow them accordingly, you should not encounter problems. If you do not have much experience with computers, it may not be the most appropriate option. Obtaining spyware elimination software for the removal of the threat could best in that case. If it discovers the threat, permit it to dispose of it. You can now try to alter browser’s settings, if you succeed, the infection should no longer be present. If they are reversed again to the reroute virus’s site, you must have missed something and didn’t completely terminate the infection. Now that you’ve realized how aggravating reroute virus can be, you should try to avoid them. If you possess good computer habits, you will avoid loads of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove Onlinecontent.fun virus
Learn how to remove Onlinecontent.fun virus from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Onlinecontent.fun virus from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Onlinecontent.fun virus from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Onlinecontent.fun virus from Windows?
a) Remove Onlinecontent.fun virus related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Onlinecontent.fun virus related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Onlinecontent.fun virus related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Onlinecontent.fun virus related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Onlinecontent.fun virus related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Onlinecontent.fun virus related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Onlinecontent.fun virus from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Onlinecontent.fun virus. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Onlinecontent.fun virus from web browsers?
a) Erase Onlinecontent.fun virus from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Onlinecontent.fun virus and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Onlinecontent.fun virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Onlinecontent.fun virus
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Onlinecontent.fun virus from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Onlinecontent.fun virus and choose a new provider
d) Remove Onlinecontent.fun virus from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.