What is an adware
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED pop-ups are bothering you because you have an ad-supported software on your operating system. If advertisements or pop-ups hosted on that page are appearing on your screen, you probably have installed free program and not pay attention to the procedure, which authorized ad-supported application to infect your system. Since adware infect quietly and might work in the background, some users may not even see the infection. The adware will create invasive pop-up averts but as it is not malware, it won’t directly danger your PC. However, that does not mean that advertising-supported applications cannot do harm at all, it can lead to a much more malicious infection if you were redirected to harmful sites. You are strongly advised to abolish ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED before it may do more harm.
How does an ad-supported application work
Since people would not install the infection, aware of what it is, ad-supported applications employ freeware to infect your PC. If you someone who often obtains free software then you should know that certain offers will arrive along with it. Those items include adware, redirect viruses and other probably unnecessary programs (PUPs). Users who pick Default mode to set up something will be authorizing all adjoined items to install. Selecting Advanced or Custom settings is advised instead. You will be able to see and untick all attached items in those settings. Select those settings and you ought to be bypass these kinds of threats.
You may begin noticing adverts as soon as the ad-supported program sets up. Whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will see the signs on all of them. So whichever browser you use, you will not be able to escape advertisements, they will be gone only if you erase ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. The entire reason behind an adware’s existence is to present you adverts.Adware can sometimes present you a pop-up advising you to obtain some kind of program but whatever you do, never obtain anything from such dubious portals.Applications and updates ought to only be acquired from official pages and not random pop-ups. In case you did not know, those pop-ups could download damaging program onto your OS so dodge them. When an advertising-supported program is installed, your machine will operate much more sluggish, and your browser will fail to load more often. Adware bring only annoyance so we suggest you abolish ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED as quickly as possible.
You could delete ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED in two ways, depending on your experience with operating systems. For the quickest ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED uninstallation way, you are suggested to acquire anti-spyware software. It is also possible to terminate ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED by hand but it might be more difficult because you would have to do everything yourself, which may take time as identifying the adware could be complex.
Learn how to remove ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from Windows?
a) Remove ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from web browsers?
a) Erase ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED and choose a new provider
d) Remove ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.