Is this a serious infection
betterGames Home is your typical suspicious browser add-on that is able to infect your machine. Users most often get infected when they inattentively install free software, and what they do is they hijack browsers and modify their settings. You will start being led to weird websites and will be exposed to many ads. It gains profit when it redirects you, and it is in no way beneficial to you. These types of plug-in aren’t considered to be malicious themselves but that doesn’t mean they are completely safe. The reroutes that it performs can lead to a serious malevolent software contamination malevolent software infection if you were redirected to a dangerous page. You should really abolish betterGames Home so that you don’t put your device in jeopardy.
How did the extension enter your system
Freeware is used to help doubtful browser plug-ins spread. By all means, you might also download them from browser stores or official sites as well. But generally, they come as optional offers that, unless you untick them, will install automatically alongside. They don’t even require your explicit authorization to set up since when you stick to Default mode, you fundamentally authorize them to install. Those settings do not inform you if something has been added to free programs, so you need to use Advanced (Custom) settings if you wish to safeguard your device. If something undesirable is added to freeware, you may block setup by unchecking those offers. If you are sloppy, you may expose your PC to probable risks, so take that into account. And if it managed to set up, delete betterGames Home.
Why is betterGames Home removal needed
You will gain nothing by permitting the add-on to remain. They exist to generate profit for portal owners and they are capable of doing that by leading you to their sites and showing you a lot of ads. The second the add-on enters, it will proceed to adjust your browser’s settings so that your homepage is set to load its advertised. After the modifications are performed whenever your browser is opened whether (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, that site will instantly load. And if you attempt to alter the settings back, the add-on could be blocking you from doing it, so you’ll have to first terminate betterGames Home. Furthermore, the plug-in could add unknown toolbars to your browser, and advertisements may be shown everywhere. While usually these extensions prefer Google Chrome, they may pop-up on your other browsers as well. Using the add-on might result in you being exposed to not safe content, which is why we do not encourage using it. It needs to be said that those extensions could lead to a malicious software infection, even though they aren’t seen as malicious themselves. Which is why you need erase betterGames Home.
betterGames Home elimination
There are two ways you can remove betterGames Home, automatically or by hand. Automatic betterGames Home termination requires some anti-spyware software, which will take care of everything. It can take more time to terminate betterGames Home manually since you will have to find the plug-in yourself.
Learn how to remove betterGames Home from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete betterGames Home from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove betterGames Home from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete betterGames Home from Windows?
a) Remove betterGames Home related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on betterGames Home related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall betterGames Home related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select betterGames Home related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete betterGames Home related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select betterGames Home related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove betterGames Home from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including betterGames Home. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove betterGames Home from web browsers?
a) Erase betterGames Home from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase betterGames Home and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate betterGames Home from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate betterGames Home
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete betterGames Home from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate betterGames Home and choose a new provider
d) Remove betterGames Home from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.