About this browser intruder
Fastsearch.mobi is is an irritating browser hijacker infection that might get into a OS without the user knowing. It is attached to free applications as an additional item that is set to install along with the freeware. The browser hijacker isn’t going to damage your PC directly as it is a rather basic computer infection. Nevertheless, it doesn’t belong on your OS. You will find that your web browser’s settings have been altered and reroutes to advertisement web pages are happening. Additionally it could be capable of redirecting you to content that malicious. Since you get nothing from this you really should eliminate Fastsearch.mobi.
How does it spread
Browser hijackers spread through freeware packages. The usage of Default settings is mostly the reason why such a huge amount of users set them up, even if they are optional. If you want to bypass unnecessary offers, make sure to always opt for Advanced settings, because that is where the unwanted items are hidden. You should be careful because a somewhat big number of items is added to freeware. Those items may not be dangerous, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. We firmly encourage that you remove Fastsearch.mobi.
Why is Fastsearch.mobi termination needed
Your browser’s settings will be changed the moment it infects your PC. Whenever your browser is opened, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, it will present the hijacker’s promoted site instead of your regular home website. You should also realize that those modifications executed to your browser are irreversible unless you eradicate Fastsearch.mobi. The set homepage is somewhat basic, it will have a couple advertisements flashing around and a search box. Promotional websites could be embedded into the legitimate results. Be careful of getting led to dangerous sites because you might get malware. So if you want this not to occur, uninstall Fastsearch.mobi from your system.
You might be able to take care of Fastsearch.mobi termination manually, just take into consideration that you will need to locate the hijacker yourself. If you are encountering into problems, you can have professional removal software eradicate Fastsearch.mobi. No matter which way you use, make sure that you delete the hijacker entirely.
Learn how to remove Fastsearch.mobi from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Fastsearch.mobi from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Fastsearch.mobi from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Fastsearch.mobi from Windows?
a) Remove Fastsearch.mobi related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Fastsearch.mobi related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Fastsearch.mobi related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Fastsearch.mobi related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Fastsearch.mobi related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Fastsearch.mobi related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Fastsearch.mobi from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Fastsearch.mobi. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Fastsearch.mobi from web browsers?
a) Erase Fastsearch.mobi from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Fastsearch.mobi and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Fastsearch.mobi from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Fastsearch.mobi
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Fastsearch.mobi from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Fastsearch.mobi and choose a new provider
d) Remove Fastsearch.mobi from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.