What is a hijacker
Converterz-Search redirect virus might be to blame for the changed browser’s settings, and it could have entered together with free programs. You probably installed some kind of free program recently, and it possibly had the hijacker adjoined to it. It’s essential that you are vigilant during application installation because otherwise, you won’t be able to prevent these types of threats. Redirect viruses are quite low-level threats they do act in an unnecessary way. You’ll notice that instead of the normal homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. Your search engine will also be altered, and it may be able to inject sponsored links among the legitimate results. If you click on one of those result, you will be redirected to weird pages, whose owners get money from boosted traffic. Some browser hijacker are able to reroute to infected web pages so unless you want to get your machine contaminated with malware, you should be cautious. If you got malware, the situation would be much worse. Redirect viruses like to pretend they have useful features but you could find legitimate plug-ins doing the same thing, which will not reroute you to random malware. You might be encountering more personalized sponsored content in the results, and it is because the redirect virus is collecting data about you and tracking your searches. It would not be strange if that information was sold to third-parties too. And the faster you terminate Converterz-Search, the less time the redirect virus will have to affect your operating system.
Download Removal Toolto remove Converterz-Search
How does it behave
This may come as surprise but browser hijackers are usually added to freeware. Since these are very irritating infections, we highly doubt you got it knowing what it is. If people were more vigilant when they install software, these infections would not spread so much. To prevent their installation, you must uncheck them, but because they are hidden, they might not be noticed by hurrying the process. By opting to use Default settings, you could be allowing authorizing the installation of all kinds of unfamiliar programs, so it would be best if you didn’t use them. Deselecting those offers is crucial, but they will only be apparent in Advanced (Custom) mode. Unless you wish to deal with unnecessary installations, ensure you always uncheck the offers. And until you do, don’t continue the installation. Even if these are trivial infections, they take some time to deal with and can be hard to get rid of, so it’s best if you prevent their infection in the first place. You are also encouraged to not download from questionable sources as they’re a great method to spread malicious programs.
When a hijacker is installed, it’s pretty evident. Modifications to your browser will be carried out without authorization, mainly you will have a new home website/new tabs, and your search engine may also be different. Leading browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will possibly be affected. And until you erase Converterz-Search from the PC, the site will greet you every time your browser is opened. Every time you change the settings, the browser hijacker will just modify them again. There’s also a possibility that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar to look for something, results would be generated from the hijacker’s set search engine. As the threat is intending to redirect you, it is probable you’ll encounter advertisement links in the results. The hijackers will reroute you because they intend to help site owners earn more profit, and with boosted traffic, more advert revenue is made. After all, more traffic means who are prone to pressing on advertisements, meaning more money. If you press on those pages, you’ll be taken to entirely unrelated web pages, where you won’t find relevant data. In some cases, they might look legitimate, so if you were to inquire about ‘computer’, results redirecting to questionable sites might come up but you wouldn’t notice initially. Be vigilant as some of those pages could even be malicious. Browser hijackers are also interested in information about your Internet usage, so it could be overseeing your browsing. The collected info may be used to create more relevant ads, if third-parties get access to it. The info is also possibly used by the redirect virus to make content that would interest you. Delete Converterz-Search, and if you are still in doubt, consider all the reasons why we encourage this. After the process is carried, you should be able to undo the changes performed by the browser hijacker.
How to eliminate Converterz-Search
It is best to get rid of the threat the second you become aware of it, so eliminate Converterz-Search. There are a couple of options when it comes to disposing of this infection, whether you choose manual or automatic should depend on how much computer experience you posses. If you decide to proceed with the former, you will have to locate where the threat is concealed yourself. While the process could take more time than initially thought, the process ought to be quite straightforward, and if you need assistance, we have presented instructions below this report to help you. By following the instructions, you shouldn’t have issues with attempting to get rid of it. It shouldn’t be the first option for those who don’t have much experience with computers, however. In that case, download anti-spyware software, and discard the threat using it. This type of software is created to dispose of threats like this, so you shouldn’t run into any issues. You may make sure you were successful by altering browser’s settings, if your alterations aren’t nullified, the threat is no longer present. If you are not authorized to change your home web page, you you were not successful in getting rid of the hijacker and it was able to recover. If you take the time to install software properly in the future, you should be able to avoid these kinds of threats in the future. If you wish to have an uncluttered system, you need to have good computer habits.Download Removal Toolto remove Converterz-Search
Learn how to remove Converterz-Search from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Converterz-Search from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Converterz-Search from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Converterz-Search from Windows?
a) Remove Converterz-Search related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Converterz-Search related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Converterz-Search related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Converterz-Search related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Converterz-Search related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Converterz-Search related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Converterz-Search from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Converterz-Search. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Converterz-Search from web browsers?
a) Erase Converterz-Search from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Converterz-Search and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Converterz-Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Converterz-Search
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Converterz-Search from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Converterz-Search and choose a new provider
d) Remove Converterz-Search from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.