Is this a serious threat
TheMovie-Quest.com is a dubious browser plug-in that users accidentally install. Invasion frequently happens during free program installation, and once it’s inside your OS, it will add itself to your browser and modify its’ settings. You will start being rerouted to weird portals and will be exposed to many advertisements. It will not bring anything useful to you as it wants to simply earn revenue. While it isn’t something that direct hazard to your machine, it can still cause danger. You may end up with a severe malware infection if you were redirected to a compromised website. You really ought to uninstall TheMovie-Quest.com so that you do not endanger your OS.
How did the add-on enter your device
Freeware is implemented to help questionable browser add-ons spread. You might have decided to set it up as well since it is available on browser stores or official sites. But generally, they are adjoined as optional items that set up automatically together with the freeware, unless you block them. And by sticking to the most basic settings when you are setting up free software, you’re authorizing them to install. Only Advanced or Custom settings will authorize you to inspect for adjoined offers, so always select those settings. If anything undesirable is adjoined to freeware, you can block installation by unticking those items. You ought to always remain vigilant since when you’re not, all kinds of threats will invade your computer. And if it managed to install, terminate TheMovie-Quest.com.
Why is TheMovie-Quest.com uninstallation necessary
You would get very little by allowing the extension to stay. The extension may try to reroute you, which is the whole reason why are designed. You will discover that as soon as the extension is permitted to set up, it will adjust your browser’s settings and set some strange page to load instead of your normal homepage. After the modifications are performed, no matter if you’re using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, the site will load every time. And alterations may be undoable unless you first remove TheMovie-Quest.com. Furthermore, weird toolbars will be adjoined to your browser, and advertisements might be displayed everywhere. You would usually come across these suspicious extensions in Google Chrome but that does not mean other browsers are completely safe. We don’t advise using the add-on because it is likely that it might expose you to unsecure content. These add-ons are not regarded as dangerous themselves, they could be capable of leading to a malware infection. You need abolish TheMovie-Quest.com if you wish to dodge more trouble.
You ought to be able to uninstall TheMovie-Quest.com in two ways, automatically or by hand. It may be easiest to get some anti-spyware tool and have it take care of TheMovie-Quest.com termination. It can take more time to uninstall TheMovie-Quest.com manually as you will need to find the extension yourself.
Learn how to remove TheMovie-Quest.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete TheMovie-Quest.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove TheMovie-Quest.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete TheMovie-Quest.com from Windows?
a) Remove TheMovie-Quest.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on TheMovie-Quest.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall TheMovie-Quest.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select TheMovie-Quest.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete TheMovie-Quest.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select TheMovie-Quest.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove TheMovie-Quest.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including TheMovie-Quest.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove TheMovie-Quest.com from web browsers?
a) Erase TheMovie-Quest.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase TheMovie-Quest.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate TheMovie-Quest.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate TheMovie-Quest.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete TheMovie-Quest.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate TheMovie-Quest.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove TheMovie-Quest.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.