About this infection
Search.yourspeedtester.com is is a browser hijacker contamination that will enter your PC without you knowing. It is capable of doing that by attaching itself to freeware so that when users set up that free programs, they don’t even realize how the hijacker sets up as well. Redirect viruses are not malicious so it shouldn’t directly harm your OS. Despite that, you should not keep it set up. It will carry out not wanted adjustments to your browser and will reroute you to weird website. In addition to that, it may be capable of exposing you to dangerous pages. Since it gives no useful features it is advised to eliminate Search.yourspeedtester.com.
Redirect virus spread ways
redirect viruses are added as extra offers to freeware. The usage of Default settings is generally the reason why so many users install them, even if they are not compulsory. You will find everything in Advanced or Custom settings so if you want to prevent unneeded offers from setting up, make sure you select those settings. There are a lot of freeware that travel with added items, so always choose Advanced to block unnecessary set ups. There is a possibility that those items don’t pose any risk by themselves, as in they will not harm your machine directly, they can still bring about unnecessary consequences. If you happen upon it delete Search.yourspeedtester.com.
Why is Search.yourspeedtester.com removal needed
Once it manages to enter your machine, your Internet browser will be hijacked and modifications to settings will be executed. Whenever your browser is launched, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, it will display the hijacker’s promoted site instead of your typical home website. We must also caution you that those adjustments performed to your browser are not changeable unless you delete Search.yourspeedtester.com. The set homepage looks quite simple, it will present a search engine and probably advertisements. Sponsored websites may be implanted into the real results. The browser hijacker generally is created to reroute you to generate revenue but the displayed results may be able to route you to dubious pages and that might result in a severe malware infection. So if you want this not to occur, remove Search.yourspeedtester.com from your system.
You may be able to take care of Search.yourspeedtester.com termination manually, just keep in mind that you will need to find the redirect virus by yourself. If you do not think you can do it, you can try anti-spyware applications and it ought to be able to abolish Search.yourspeedtester.com. Whichever way you choose, ensure that you terminate the redirect virus fully.
Learn how to remove Search.yourspeedtester.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.yourspeedtester.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.yourspeedtester.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.yourspeedtester.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.yourspeedtester.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.yourspeedtester.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.yourspeedtester.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.yourspeedtester.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.yourspeedtester.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.yourspeedtester.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.yourspeedtester.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.yourspeedtester.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.yourspeedtester.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.yourspeedtester.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.yourspeedtester.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.yourspeedtester.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.yourspeedtester.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.yourspeedtester.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.yourspeedtester.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.yourspeedtester.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.