What type of threat are you dealing with
Search.viewfreerecipestab.com is a hijacker that was probably added to free software, which is how it invaded your PC. The infection was probably attached to a free software as an additional offer, and since you didn’t untick it, it installed. These unneeded programs are why you should pay attention to how programs are installed. Hijackers are rather low-level threats they do perform a lot of unwanted activity. The hijacker will make alterations to your browser’s settings so that its promoted web pages is set as your homepages and new tabs. You will also have a different search engine and it might inject sponsored content into results. If you click on such a result, you will be rerouted to weird pages, whose owners get income from boosted traffic. You need to be careful with those reroutes since one of them may reroute you to a malware infection. And a malicious program contaminations would be more severe. You may consider hijackers useful but the features that they provide can be found in reliable plug-ins, ones that will not try to redirect you. You’ll not always see this but hijackers are tracking your browsing and gathering data so that more customized sponsored content could be made. It wouldn’t be unusual if that information was shared with third-parties too. And that is why you should eliminate Search.viewfreerecipestab.com as soon as possible.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com
How does it behave
You likely encountered the hijacker accidentally, during free program installation. We do not think that you obtained it in any other way, as no one would install them knowingly. The reason this method is so widely used is because people behave carelessly when they install applications, which means they miss all indications that something attached. Those offers will be hidden during installation, and if you do not pay attention, you’ll miss them, which means their installation will be allowed. Don’t use Default mode as they will authorize unwanted installations. You need to deselect the items, and they’ll only be visible in Advanced (Custom) settings. It is suggested that you deselect all the offers. Just uncheck the offers, and you may then continue installing the freeware. Dealing with these infections could be troublesome so you would do yourself a great favor if you initially prevented them. You are also recommended to not download from untrustworthy sources as they are a great method to distribute malware.
If a redirect virus is installed, we really doubt you will miss the signs. It’ll alter browser’s settings without your authorization so your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be modified to an unfamiliar web page. Leading browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will likely be affected. And unless you first remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from the PC, you’ll be stuck with the website loading every time your browser is opened. Don’t waste time trying to alter the settings back because the hijacker will just overrule your alterations. It is also probable changes would also be made to your default search engine, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar to search for something, results would come not from the search engine you set but from the one the hijacker is advertising. Relying on those results isn’t recommended since you will be redirected to sponsored content. Browser redirects will redirect to sponsored websites since they want to help owners make revenue. Increased traffic helps web pages as more users will likely interact with the ads. They sometimes have little to do with what you were looking for, so you gain little from those sites. Some may seem legitimate, if you were to search for ‘antivirus’, it’s possible you could get results for websites promoting dubious products but they might appear entirely real in the beginning. Be cautious because some of those websites may even be malware-ridden. It’s likely the redirect virus will follow you around as you browse, collecting various data about your browsing activity. The info may then be shared with various third-parties, who would use it for ad purposes. Or the hijacker would use it to make more customized sponsored content. Make sure you terminate Search.viewfreerecipestab.com before more dangerous infections come your way. After you successfully get rid of it, you should be allowed to undo the changes performed by the redirect virus.
How to uninstall Search.viewfreerecipestab.com
Now that it is clear how the threat is affecting your OS, it would best if you delete Search.viewfreerecipestab.com. There are a couple of options when it comes to getting rid of this contamination, whether you opt for manual or automatic ought to depend on how computer-savvy you are. If you have experience with erasing programs, you may go with the former, as you will have to find the infection’s location yourself. The process itself isn’t complex, although it can be quite time-consuming, but you’re welcome to use the below supplied instructions. They should help you take care of the threat, so make sure you follow them properly. It should not be the first option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. Downloading anti-spyware software for the elimination of the infection might best if that is the case. Spyware removal software is made for for disposing of these types of threats, so the elimination process shouldn’t be a problem. Attempt to change your browser’s settings, if you are successful, it means you terminated the infection. If you are still seeing the same page even after you alter the settings, your device is still contaminated with the hijacker. Make sure you prevent these threats in the future by installing software correctly. If you possess good computer habits, you will prevent loads of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com
Learn how to remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.viewfreerecipestab.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.viewfreerecipestab.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.viewfreerecipestab.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.viewfreerecipestab.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.viewfreerecipestab.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.viewfreerecipestab.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.viewfreerecipestab.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.viewfreerecipestab.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.viewfreerecipestab.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.viewfreerecipestab.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.