Search.searchconpro.com will modify your browser’s settings which is why it is considered to be a redirect virus. Browser hijackers may sometimes be seen attached to freeware, and if they go undetected, they would install without the user even seeing. It’s important that you are attentive during program installation because otherwise, you will not be able to avoid these kinds of threats. Browser hijackers are not exactly dangerous but their behavior does raise a few questions. You will find that instead of the usual homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. Your search engine will also be modified, and it might be able to manipulate search results and insert sponsored links into them. Hijackers want to redirect users to sponsored websites so as to boost traffic for them, which makes owners profit. Do take into account that reroutes might lead to contaminated sites, which may result in a malware. Malicious programs would be more dangerous so avoid it as much as possible. Hijackers like to pretend they have helpful features but you could easily replace them with proper extensions, which will not cause weird reroutes. You may also notice content you might be interested in, and that is because the hijacker is tracking your searchers in the background, gathering information about what you are interested in. The info might also be shared with third-parties. Thus, you are recommended to eliminate Search.searchconpro.com, before it can have a more severe affect on your machine.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchconpro.com
What you need to know about these infections
You might see hijackers attached to free software as added offers. Since they’re pretty invasive and irritating infections, we very much doubt you got it willingly. This method is effective because users tend to rush when installing something, not reading anything, and in general just being pretty careless when installing software. You have to pay attention because items are hidden, and by not noticing them, you’re essentially giving them permission to install. Do not use Default settings because they don’t allow you to deselect anything. Choose Advanced (Custom) mode during installation, and you’ll see the added offers. If you do not want to deal with unfamiliar installations, unchecking every item that appears. After all the offers have been unchecked, you can continue installing the freeware. Stopping the threat from the very beginning can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later will be time-consuming. Review from where you get your programs because by using questionable sites, you are risking getting your device infected with malware.
You will be aware very quickly if you accidentally infected your computer with a browser hijacker. Your search engine, new tabs and home web page will be altered to a different web page, and the redirect virus will not need your authorization to carry out those changes. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers altered. And until you delete Search.searchconpro.com from the OS, you’ll have to deal with the page loading every time you open your browser. The hijacker will keep reversing the modifications back so do not waste time attempting to modify anything. Hijackers also alter default search engines, so do not be shocked if when you search for something through browser address bar, a weird web page will greet you. Be careful of sponsored links implanted among the results as you could be rerouted. Site owners sometimes use browser hijackers to increase traffic and make more revenue, which is why reroutes are occurring. When more people interact with adverts, owners are able to make more money. You’ll know when you enter such sites promptly because they clearly have nothing to do with what you were actually looking for. In some cases they might appear legitimate initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, sites promoting bogus anti-malware could come up, and they might appear to be real in the beginning. You can even be redirected to web pages that conceal malware. Furthermore, the browser hijacker may also be keeping an eye on your Internet activity and acquiring certain type of information about you. More customized advertisements might be created using the gathered data, if it is shared with unknown parties. After a while, more personalized sponsored content will begin appearing, and that is because the redirect virus is using the info obtained. While it isn’t exactly the most harmful infection, you ought to still erase Search.searchconpro.com. You ought to also reverse the altered settings after you’ve completed the process.
Ways to uninstall Search.searchconpro.com
It would be best to take care of the contamination as soon as possible, so terminate Search.searchconpro.com. Manually and automatically are the two possible options for eliminating of the redirect virus. Manual means you’ll have to find the infection yourself. If you have never dealt with this type of infection before, we have provided instructions below this article to help you, we can assure you that the process should not be hard, although it might take more time than you expect. The instructions are provided in a coherent and accurate manner so you shouldn’t encounter problems. However, it might be too hard for those who have no computer experience. The other alternative is to download spyware elimination software and have it discard the infection for you. Spyware removal software is made for the intention of getting rid of such threats, so the removal process should not be a problem. You may make sure you were successful by making alterations to your browser’s settings, if you are permitted to, the infection is no longer present. If the site still loads as your homepage even after you have modified it, you did not terminate the infection completely. If you actually pay attention when installing software, you should be able to avoid these types of infections in the future. In order to have a clean computer, at least decent habits are necessary.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchconpro.com
Learn how to remove Search.searchconpro.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.searchconpro.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.searchconpro.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.searchconpro.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.searchconpro.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.searchconpro.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.searchconpro.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.searchconpro.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.searchconpro.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.searchconpro.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.searchconpro.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.searchconpro.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.searchconpro.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.searchconpro.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.searchconpro.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.searchconpro.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.searchconpro.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.searchconpro.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.searchconpro.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.searchconpro.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.