About this threat
Search.handy-tab.com is is a browser intruder infection that could infiltrate your computer without you noticing. It is adjoined to freeware as an extra offer that is set to set up along with the free programs. The redirect virus isn’t going to endanger your system directly as it’s a quite basic computer contamination. That doesn’t indicate, however, that it needs to remain. Unnecessary alterations will be carried out to your browser and you will be rerouted to strange web page. It could also expose you to harmful web pages. You are suggested to erase Search.handy-tab.com as it provides nothing of value and puts your OS in avoidable danger.
How does it spread
Freeware oftentimes comes along with extra items, such as adware and browser intruders. Default mode is generally the reason why so many users install them, even if they are not compulsory. Everything is concealed in Advanced (Custom) settings so if you wish to prevent unwanted offers from uninstalling, ensure that you select those settings. A quite large amount of offers is packaged with freeware, so be cautious. Those items may not be hazardous, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. We firmly recommend that you terminate Search.handy-tab.com.
Why delete Search.handy-tab.com
The moment it contaminates your computer, your browser will be taken over and alterations to settings will be made. Whenever your browser is opened, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, it will show the browser intruder’s promoted page instead of your regular homepage. You should also understand that those modifications carried out to your browser are irreversible unless you eradicate Search.handy-tab.com. The set homepage is pretty simple, it will have a few advertisements flashing around and a search box. Be vigilant when using the displayed search engine because sponsored links may be embedded among. Be vary of getting led to damaging websites because you might download malicious applications. In order to stop this from happening, erase Search.handy-tab.com from your OS.
You can try by hand Search.handy-tab.com elimination, just bear in mind that you will have to locate the redirect virus yourself. If you bump into issues, you can have professional uninstallation applications remove Search.handy-tab.com. Whichever method you pick, make sure that you eradicate the hijacker entirely.
Learn how to remove Search.handy-tab.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.handy-tab.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.handy-tab.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.handy-tab.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.handy-tab.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.handy-tab.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.handy-tab.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.handy-tab.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.handy-tab.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.handy-tab.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.handy-tab.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.handy-tab.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.handy-tab.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.handy-tab.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.handy-tab.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.handy-tab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.handy-tab.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.handy-tab.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.handy-tab.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.handy-tab.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.