What is Tohotweb?
Tohotweb, also known as Tohotweb.com, is classified as a browser hijacker. Its main purpose is to promote its sponsors, which is why its main page is filled with commercial data. The hijacker replaces your browser settings as soon as it gets access to your PC. It causes other unwanted modifications that are aimed at the same purpose: web traffic generation. You most likely acquired the unwanted program together with freeware or shareware. Since the hijacker is compatible with most commonly used web browsers, there is no way to avoid its effects, once it gets installed. We suggest that you terminate Tohotweb and go back to your original browser settings as soon as you can.
How does Tohotweb work?
The hijacker changes your home page, new tab, and default search engine to Tohotweb.com. This site clearly cannot be trusted as it is filled with unreliable banners and links. The website also contains quick access buttons that are divided into the following categories: Hot, Video, Games, and Shopping. We do not recommend clicking on any of these features, if you do not want to end up on an unreliable site. As for your new search engine, it simply redirects you to Google.com. Keep in mind, however, that the hijacker may alter Google results to include its own sponsored links. If you want to eliminate the unsafe advertising data from your browsers, you will have to delete Tohotweb.
How to remove Tohotweb?
You can delete Tohotweb just like any other browser hijacker by uninstalling its related program and resetting your browsers. If you choose manual Tohotweb removal, you will have to complete these tasks yourself. Instructions presented in the manual removal guide below should help you with that. Alternatively, you can implement an anti-malware utility and use it to eliminate Tohotweb automatically. The security software will scan your system and detect all potential threats. You will then be able to erase Tohotweb along with them. More than that, the tool will stay useful in the future by providing your computer with real-time online protection.
Manual Tohotweb removal guide
Terminate Tohotweb related program
Windows 8, 7 & Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted application
- Select Uninstall
- Click Start and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted application
- Select Remove
Eliminate Tohotweb from browsers
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Gear icon
- Select Internet Options and go to Advanced tab
- Click on the Reset button
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset again and click Close
- Restart Internet Explorer
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the menu and select Settings
- Scroll down and click on Show advanced settings
- Click Reset settings and choose Reset to confirm
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
- Open Mozilla Firefox and press Alt+H
- Select Troubleshooting Information
- Click on Refresh Firefox
- Choose Refresh Firefox and click Finish
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.