About this threat
FilmsJunkie is your regular suspicious browser plug-in to add to the already big list of similar infections. Users for the most part get infected when they hastily set up freeware, and what happens is your browser’s settings are altered and the browser attaches the extension. You will be redirected to sponsored portals and will be shown loads of adverts. It will not bring anything beneficial to you as its prime purpose is to gain income. While it’s not a direct device hazard, it might still bring about danger. The redirects that it performs can lead to a serious damaging software infection malware infection if you were redirected to a compromised page. You’re unnecessarily putting your system in danger, so we suggest you to terminate FilmsJunkie.
How did the extension invade my operating system
Free software is employed to help dubious browser add-ons spread. Installation is also possible via browser stores or official websites so you may have willingly installed it. But most often, they come as optional offers that, unless you untick them, will set up automatically alongside. And by sticking to the most basic settings when you are installing free programs, you are authorizing them to set up. Only in Advanced or Custom settings will you be be capable of inspecting whether something was added, so make sure you opt for those settings. It’s easy to prevent installation if something is indeed attached, and all you must do is untick the offers. You ought to always stay vigilant as when you’re not, all types of threats will be capable of insulating onto your system. And if it managed to install, uninstall FilmsJunkie.
Should you uninstall FilmsJunkie
The doubtful extensions are not really useful to you. The main reason these questionable extensions are even made is to make web page owners money by redirecting you. You will notice that as soon as the plug-in is allowed to set up, it will adjust your browser’s settings and set some weird web page to load instead of your regular homepage. After the alterations are implemented, no matter if you’re using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, the website will load every time. And you might not be capable of undoing the modifications without first needing to uninstall FilmsJunkie. Furthermore, the extension may add unfamiliar toolbars to your browser, and ads might be filling your screen. These add-ons are usually targeting those using Google Chrome but that doesn’t mean other browsers are completely secure. The plug-in may expose you to dangerous content, which is why we don’t suggest using it. These add-ons are not thought to be dangerous themselves, they might be capable of leading to a malware threat. And that is why you ought to abolish FilmsJunkie.
There are two possible ways to terminate FilmsJunkie, manual and automatic, and you ought to select the one best suiting your computer skills. If you choose automatic FilmsJunkie uninstallation, you will have to obtain some anti-spyware tool, which will take care of everything. If you want to abolish FilmsJunkie by hand, instructions can be located below.
Learn how to remove FilmsJunkie from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete FilmsJunkie from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove FilmsJunkie from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete FilmsJunkie from Windows?
a) Remove FilmsJunkie related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on FilmsJunkie related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall FilmsJunkie related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select FilmsJunkie related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete FilmsJunkie related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select FilmsJunkie related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove FilmsJunkie from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including FilmsJunkie. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove FilmsJunkie from web browsers?
a) Erase FilmsJunkie from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase FilmsJunkie and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate FilmsJunkie from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate FilmsJunkie
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete FilmsJunkie from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate FilmsJunkie and choose a new provider
d) Remove FilmsJunkie from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.