About this infection
FF Guarded Searching is your regular dubious browser add-on to adjoin to the already huge list of akin contaminations. Invasion for the most part happens if you set up free software in Default settings, and if it manages to contaminate your machine, it will attach itself to your browser and modify its’ settings. You will start being redirected to odd portals and will be exposed to many advertisements. It earns money when it redirects you, and you should not keep it. While it is not a direct PC hazard, it’s not safe. You may be rerouted to infected pages, and worst case scenario, you will be exposed to some kind of malware malware infection if you were redirected to a infected site. So as to protect your computer, your best bet is to abolish FF Guarded Searching.
Doubtful plug-in distribution ways
These kinds of add-ons use freeware to spread. You could have decided to install it as well because it is available on browser stores or official web pages. But usually, they come as optional offers that, unless you uncheck them, will install automatically alongside. And you choosing to use Default mode when installing free software fundamentally gives them the necessary authorization for setup. Only in Advanced or Custom mode will you be be capable of inspecting whether something was added, so always opt for those settings. If you note something added, installation is easily preventable by unticking the boxes. You should always pay attention to how you set up programs as by being sloppy you will end up setting up plenty of adjoined offers. And if it managed to set up, erase FF Guarded Searching.
Why is FF Guarded Searching termination vital
permitting the plug-in to stay is not advised as it may bring about unpleasant consequences. The add-on might try to reroute you, which is the whole reason why it exists. You will notice that as soon as you authorize the add-on to set up, your browser’s settings will be adjusted and its promoted page will web page to load instead of your normal home website. After the modifications are carried out, no matter if you are using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, the website will load every time. And changes will be irreversible unless you first erase FF Guarded Searching. You will also happen upon a unknown toolbar and more advertisements than normal. These kinds of add-ons are generally targeting those using Google Chrome but that isn’t necessarily the case all the time. Picking to use the extension may lead to you being exposed to unsafe content, which is why you are not recommended to use it. While these types of extensions are normally not malevolent themselves, they could be capable of leading to a more severe infection. And that is why you should remove FF Guarded Searching.
FF Guarded Searching termination
Depending on how much experience you have with computer related problems, there are two ways you could erase FF Guarded Searching, automatically or manually. It could be easiest to download some anti-spyware application and have it take care of FF Guarded Searching termination. To fully delete FF Guarded Searching manually, you would need to discover the plug-in yourself, which could take more time than you think.
Learn how to remove FF Guarded Searching from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete FF Guarded Searching from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove FF Guarded Searching from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete FF Guarded Searching from Windows?
a) Remove FF Guarded Searching related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on FF Guarded Searching related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall FF Guarded Searching related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select FF Guarded Searching related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete FF Guarded Searching related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select FF Guarded Searching related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove FF Guarded Searching from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including FF Guarded Searching. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove FF Guarded Searching from web browsers?
a) Erase FF Guarded Searching from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase FF Guarded Searching and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate FF Guarded Searching from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate FF Guarded Searching
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete FF Guarded Searching from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate FF Guarded Searching and choose a new provider
d) Remove FF Guarded Searching from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.