Substand.info browser hijacker may be responsible for the alterations made to your browser, and it could have infiltrated via free software bundles. The infection was most likely added to a freeware as an extra offer, and since you did not unmark it, it installed. These types of infections are why you should are attentive during software installation. This is a low level infection but because of its unwanted behavior, you will want it gone as soon as possible. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be altered, and a different site will load instead of your normal website. Your search engine will also be modified, and it might be able to manipulate search results and inject advertisement links into them. The browser hijacker is doing that because it aims to generate traffic for certain sites, and in turn, earn profit for owners. Some hijacker are able to reroute to malicious web pages so unless you wish to get your OS infected with malicious program, you need to be careful. And would bring about much more damage compared to this infection. Hijackers like to pretend they have helpful features but you could easily replace them with reliable add-ons, which will not bring about weird redirects. More customized content will also start appearing, and in case you’re wondering why, the redirect virus is following your browsing and gathering data about you. It is possible that the information would be sold to third-parties as well. All of this is why you should remove Substand.info.
Download Removal Toolto remove Substand.info
What does it do
This might surprise you but hijackers commonly come together with freeware. Since they’re pretty intrusive and irritating infections, we very much doubt you got it knowing what it is. The reason this method is so broadly used is because people are negligent when installing programs, which means they miss all clues that something added. The offers are hiding and if you rush, you have no chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means you will be allowing them to install. By picking to use Default mode, you could be allowing permitting the installation of all types of unfamiliar software, so it would be best if you do not use them. Advanced or Custom settings, on the other hand, will display you those items. Make sure you unmark all the offers. Just uncheck the offers, and you can then continue freeware installation. Having to deal with these infections can be annoying so you would do yourself a great favor if you initially blocked them. Review from where you obtain your software because by using untrustworthy sites, you risk infecting your PC with malicious programs.
How to remove Substand.info
While the contamination won’t cause as serious outcomes as some others could, it still is suggested that you remove Substand.info as quickly as possible. Manual and automatic are the two possible methods for getting rid of the hijacker, and they both should not be too complex to execute. If you decide to go with the former, you’ll have to find the infection yourself. If you’ve never dealt with this kind of infection before, we’ve provided guidelines below this report to aid you, we can assure you that the process should not be difficult, although it may take more time than you expect. By following the instructions, you shouldn’t come across issues when getting rid of it. It should not be the first option for those who have no experience with computers, however. In that case, download spyware elimination software, and get rid of the infection using it. The software will look for the infection on your PC and when it identifies it, all you need to do is authorize it to eliminate the browser hijacker. If you are able to are able to nullify the carried out changes to your browser’s settings, you have successfully gotten rid of the hijacker. If the same site keeps loading even after you alter the settings, your PC is still inhabited by the redirect virus. These threats are annoying to deal with, so better block their installation in the first place, so pay attention when installing programs. If you have good computer habits now, you will thank us later.Download Removal Toolto remove Substand.info
Learn how to remove Substand.info from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Substand.info from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Substand.info from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Substand.info from Windows?
a) Remove Substand.info related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Substand.info related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Substand.info related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Substand.info related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Substand.info related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Substand.info related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Substand.info from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Substand.info. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Substand.info from web browsers?
a) Erase Substand.info from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Substand.info and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Substand.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Substand.info
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Substand.info from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Substand.info and choose a new provider
d) Remove Substand.info from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.