What is Searchinme.com?
is a browser hijacker that is practically identical to Securesurf.biz. It may not be a harmful threat, however, it is also not a useful tool. The only ones who benefit from the hijacker are its creators. It makes profit for them by exposing you to various advertisements. That is why the hijacker alters your browser settings, causes redirects to its sponsor sites, inserts commercial data into your visited pages, and more. It affects all web browsers including Mozilla, Chrome, IE, and others. The only way to get rid of its symptoms is to delete Searchinme.com completely.
How does Searchinme.com work?
The first action that the hijacker takes is changing your Internet browser settings. It replaces your home page and default search engine with Searchinme.com. This page has a search box and such quick access buttons as Facebook, Gmail, Ebay, Twitter, and others. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get rerouted to Search.safefinder.com, which is classified as an unsafe domain by different anti-malware tools. You cannot trust the results that it brings you. We urge you not to make use of this search engine at all.
Another aspect of the hijacker that you should be aware of is that it floods you with ads that are not monitored by anyone. The advertisements could be fake and lead you to corrupted pages. If you do not wish to deal with online scams, you should stay away from the adverts. Please note that the hijacker tracks your cookies, which means that it collects data about your online browsing habits. These details can be used to create personalized ads that may appear especially useful to you. These ads could be untrustworthy as well. If you wish to improve your online security level and browsing speed, you will have to terminate Searchinme.com.
How to remove Searchinme.com?
You can erase Searchinme.com from your browsers by uninstalling the program with which it entered your PC and restoring your web browsers. These tasks can be completed manually with the help of the Searchinme.com removal guide presented below the article. Alternatively, you can use an anti-malware tool to eliminate Searchinme.com automatically. We recommend that you go with this option, because the malware remover will allow you to make sure that your computer is completely clean. The security tool can be download from our page. It will scan your system, detect all threats, and delete Searchinme.com along with them. Moreover, the software will keep your computer shielded from other infections you may encounter online.
Learn how to remove Searchinme.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Searchinme.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Searchinme.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Searchinme.com from Windows?
a) Remove Searchinme.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Searchinme.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Searchinme.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Searchinme.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Searchinme.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Searchinme.com related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove Searchinme.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Searchinme.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Searchinme.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Searchinme.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Searchinme.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Searchinme.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Searchinme.com and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.