Search.searchgeniusinfo.com Removal Guide
Have you opened your browser only to see that some unwanted changes have been done to it? The culprit may be called search.searchgeniusinfo.com, which is just a simple browser hijacker. It does a lot of modifications to users’ options without their permission.
However, it is more annoying than dangerous: it should not be treated in the same way as, for example, a malicious Trojan infection. You see, it can even be uninstalled manually! So, what are the exact reasons for search.searchgeniusinfo.com removal? Firstly, it replaces your favorite home page, new tab page, and default search provider. Many browsers are compatible with it, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. So, you will have to terminate search.searchgeniusinfo.com from all your browsers.
Why is search.searchgeniusinfo.com dangerous?
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchgeniusinfo.com
How did my PC get infected with search.searchgeniusinfo.com?
You can clearly see that there is no button for downloading on the main page of the browser hijacker. This means that the PUP is certainly distributed in free software bundles. You can get infected with various PUPs and malicious software if you skip some steps while downloading the programs that you actually need. If you do not rush the installation process by choosing the Custom/Advanced options instead of Quick or similar, you should avoid malware attacks. If you uninstall search.searchgeniusinfo.com now and follow these rules in future, you should stay quite safe.
How to remove search.searchgeniusinfo.com from my computer?
Being a potentially unwanted program, the browser hijacker can be removed both manually and automatically. If you have some knowledge on browsers, you can remove search.searchgeniusinfo.com by following the steps below. However, it is still mandatory to scan the computer with a reputable anti-malware and anti-spyware program afterwards. You can also erase search.searchgeniusinfo.com with the said tool.
Delete search.searchgeniusinfo.com from your browser
- Simultaneously tap Alt+H.
- Navigate to Troubleshooting information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox once again in the new window.
- Tap Alt+T.
- Go to Internet Options and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Press Reset and mark the box that is placed next to Delete personal settings.
- Press Reset.
- Press Alt+F.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Show advanced settings.
- Press Reset settings and click Reset.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.