Search.hDocumentconverter.app redirect virus may be responsible for the alterations made to your browser, and it must have entered your system along with freeware. You probably installed some type of freeware recently, and it probably had the browser hijacker added to it. These kinds of infections are why it is crucial that you pay attention to what software you install, and how you do it. This is not a high-level infection but because of its unnecessary behavior, you’ll want it gone right away. The redirect virus will promptly modify your browser’s settings so that its promoted websites loads instead of your home web page and new tabs. Your search engine will also be modified and it may be manipulating search results by inserting sponsored content into them. You are rerouted because the browser hijacker aims to boost traffic for some web pages, which makes revenue for owners. Certain browser hijacker are able to reroute to malicious websites so unless you wish to get your operating system infected with malicious software, you should be cautious. And would cause much more harm compared to this threat. In order for users to see them as useful, hijackers attempt to appear very helpful but the reality is, you could easily replace them with reliable extensions which aren’t actively trying to redirect you. You may happen upon more customized sponsored content in the results, and it is because the redirect virus is following what you search for, gathering information about what you are interested in. In addition, problematic third-parties could be given access to that info. Thus, terminate Search.hDocumentconverter.app, before it can have a more severe affect on your OS.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app
What does it do
Freeware packages are possibly the most likely way you got the threat. You were possibly just negligent, and you did not intentionally install it. The reason this method is successful is because people behave negligently when they install applications, which means they miss all hints that something could be added. You must pay attention because offers are concealed, and you not noticing them is like permitting them to install. Default mode will conceal the items, and if you still choose to use them, you might contaminate your computer with all kinds of unwanted items. Instead, select Advanced (Custom) settings as they will not only make attached offers visible but also give an opportunity to uncheck everything. Deselecting all the offers would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unwanted installations. You ought to only continue installing the program after you deselect everything. Dealing with the threat could take a while and get on your nerves, so it is best if you prevent the threat in the first place. You ought to also stop downloading from suspicious web pages, and instead, pick official/legitimate sites/stores.
You’ll notice immediately if your OS got infected with a redirect virus. You’ll see changes carried out to your browsers, such as a weird site set as your home website/new tabs, and the hijacker won’t request your specific authorization before carrying out those alterations. All major browsers will probably be altered, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And until you remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app from the computer, you will have to deal with the web page loading every time you launch your browser. Firstly, you might attempt to overrule the changes but keep in mind that the redirect virus will simply modify everything again. If you see that when you search for something via browser’s address bar, search results are created not by your set search engine, it is probable that the browser hijacker is to blame. Since the threat is intending to reroute you, it’s possible you will come across sponsored content in the results. Redirect viruses intend to reroute to certain pages so that owners could make profit. When more users interact with advertisements, owners are able to make more revenue. They will probably have nothing to do with your original search query, so you ought to have no issues differentiating between real results and sponsored ones, and they’re unlikely to provide the information you require. In some cases, they could seem legitimate, so if you were to search for something vague, like ‘anti-malware’ or ‘computer’, results with dubious hyperlinks might come up but you would not know initially. You should also take into account that redirect viruses can redirect to harmful websites, ones sheltering malicious software. Another thing you ought to know is that hijackers snoop on you so as to acquire info about what you click on, what pages you visit, your search inquiries and so on. Some reroute viruses give access to the info to unfamiliar parties, and it is used to create more user relevant ads. Or the hijacker could use it to make more relevant sponsored results. Make sure you remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app before it could lead to more serious infections. After the process is carried, you should be able to undo the alterations carried out by the browser hijacker.
How to eliminate Search.hDocumentconverter.app
Since you now know what type of contamination you have to deal with, you can uninstall Search.hDocumentconverter.app. Depending on on your computer experience, you can pick either manual and automatic way to rid your PC of the browser hijacker. If you choose the former, you’ll have to find where the contamination is hidden yourself. If you are unsure of how to proceed, you may use the instructions presented below this report. By following the instructions, you shouldn’t have problems with getting rid of it. For those who do not have much experience when it comes to computers, it may not be the most appropriate option. The other option is to download spyware removal software and have it discard the infection for you. The software will spot the threat and once it does, you just need to give it authorization to get rid of the redirect virus. You have successfully gotten rid of the threat if you can nullify the changes the redirect virus executed to your browser. If the page continues to load as your homepage even after you’ve altered it, you did not completely get rid of the threat. You can avoid these and similar infections in the future by installing software attentively. In order to have a clean computer, good habits are necessary.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app
Learn how to remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.hDocumentconverter.app from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.hDocumentconverter.app from Windows?
a) Remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.hDocumentconverter.app related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.hDocumentconverter.app related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.hDocumentconverter.app related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.hDocumentconverter.app related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.hDocumentconverter.app related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.hDocumentconverter.app. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.hDocumentconverter.app from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.hDocumentconverter.app and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.hDocumentconverter.app from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.hDocumentconverter.app
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.hDocumentconverter.app from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.hDocumentconverter.app and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.hDocumentconverter.app from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.