What type of infection are you dealing with
Robotcaptcha.info will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is classified as a browser hijacker. You must have installed some type of freeware recently, and it possibly had the hijacker attached to it. These unwanted applications are why it is crucial that you pay attention to how software are installed. Redirect viruses are not malicious themselves but they do carry out plenty of unwanted activity. You’ll notice that instead of the normal homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. What you’ll also find is that your search is modified, and it may be injecting sponsored links into search results. It would attempt to redirect you to sponsored sites so that website owners could make revenue from boosted traffic. Do bear in mind that some of those reroutes might redirect a malicious software threat. And a malware contaminations would be much more severe. In order for people to see them as beneficial, hijackers attempt to seem very useful but the reality is, they are replaceable with reliable extensions which are not actively attempting to redirect you. You will not always be aware this but redirect viruses are following your activity and gathering data so that more personalized sponsored content could be made. Furthermore, suspicious third-parties might be given access to that info. If you want to avoid it affecting your system further, you should take the time to delete Robotcaptcha.info.
Download Removal Toolto remove Robotcaptcha.info
How does it behave
You may come across browser hijackers attached to freeware as added offers. We do not think that users would install them willingly, so freeware bundles is the most likely method. This method is effective because users don’t pay attention during software installations, as in they rush and do not read the information that is provided. In order t0 prevent their installation, they must be unmarked, but since they are hiding, you may not see them by hurrying the process. Don’t use Default settings as they will authorize unwanted items to install. Choose Advanced (Custom) mode during installation, and attached items will become visible. Unmarking all the offers is suggested so as to block unfamiliar software installations. Only continue with the application installation after you uncheck everything. Blocking the threat from the very beginning can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later might be time-consuming and aggravating. You are also recommended to not download from untrustworthy sources as you could easily get malicious program this way.
When a redirect virus installs, you’ll know soon after infection. Without having to get your permission, it will perform modifications to your browser, setting your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its advertised site. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers affected. The site will load every time you open your browser, and this will continue until you remove Robotcaptcha.info from your system. Altering the settings back would a waste of time as the browser hijacker will modify them again. Browser hijackers also change default search engines, so do not be shocked if when you search for something through browser address bar, a strange site will greet you. As the infection’s major intention is to reroute you, it is probable you’ll encounter sponsored content in the results. The browser redirects will redirect you because they intend to aid page owners make more money from boosted traffic. When there are more people to interact with advertisements, owners are able to make more income. If you press on those web pages, you will be taken to entirely unrelated sites, where you will see no appropriate data. In certain cases, they could look legitimate, so for example if you were to search ‘computer’, results with doubtful links may come up but you would not notice initially. The reason you should be careful is because certain web pages may be malicious, which might result in a severe threat. It is possible the browser redirect will also follow your Internet browsing, intending to acquire data about interests. Some hijackers give access to the info to unrelated parties, and it’s used adverts purposes. The info might also be used by the reroute virus to create content you’d be more prone to pressing on. We strongly suggest you eliminate Robotcaptcha.info, for reasons we mentioned above. And after the process is finished, there should not be problems with altering browser’s settings.
Ways to erase Robotcaptcha.info
It is not the most serious malicious software infection, but it might still cause trouble, so if you just eliminate Robotcaptcha.info everything should go back to normal. While you have two options when it comes to disposing of the reroute virus, by hand and automatic, you should pick the one best matching your knowledge about computers. You will have to locate the redirect virus yourself if you pick the former method. It isn’t difficult to do but it could take a bit of time, but below this report you’ll find guidelines to aid you. The guidelines are provided in a clear and precise manner so you ought to be able to follow them step by step. If you have no experience when it comes to computers, this may not be the most fitting option. The other alternative is to obtain spyware elimination software and have do everything for you. If it can discover the threat, have it terminate it. Try to modify your browser’s settings, if you are successful, the threat should be gone fully. But, if the browser hijacker’s web page still loads as your home website, the browser hijacker is still present somewhere on the system. Do your best to stop not wanted software from installing in the future, and that means you should be more attentive about how you install software. If you develop decent computer habits now, you will be thankful later.Download Removal Toolto remove Robotcaptcha.info
Learn how to remove Robotcaptcha.info from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Robotcaptcha.info from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Robotcaptcha.info from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Robotcaptcha.info from Windows?
a) Remove Robotcaptcha.info related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Robotcaptcha.info related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Robotcaptcha.info related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Robotcaptcha.info related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Robotcaptcha.info related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Robotcaptcha.info related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Robotcaptcha.info. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Robotcaptcha.info from web browsers?
a) Erase Robotcaptcha.info from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Robotcaptcha.info and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Robotcaptcha.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Robotcaptcha.info
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Robotcaptcha.info from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Robotcaptcha.info and choose a new provider
d) Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.