Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ Removal Guide
Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ is a computer infection classified into the category of malicious ransomware. It locks your personal computer and seemingly encrypts all you personal files. As soon as you spot the presence of this suspicious application, you must remove Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ from the system.
Fortunately, we have some good news for you: the malware actually does no harm to you! It only pretends to have locked your data so that you would pay money to cyber criminals, in other words, its creators. However, you still have to delete Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ from the PC system if you want to use your computer as before.
Why is Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ dangerous?
The source of the danger lies in the ransom that the virus convinces people to pay. It consists of 100 Euros, and you must not pay it! Unfortunately, there are tons of people that believe in the message displayed on the PC screen that claims about the mess the ransomware has caused. The users are convinced to pay the ransom by using NeoSurf prepaid card. The truth is that the files are not encrypted but simply hidden, and you do not need any code to unlock them. As soon as Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ removal is implemented, you will be able to retrieve your data easily! To sum up, when you notice that a malicious virus has messed up your files, simply remove it with a professional anti-malware and anti-spyware application (it is better than doing it by yourself).
Download Removal Toolto remove Your Computer has Been Locked - LockScreen.OJ
How did my PC get infected by Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ?
Ransomware is spread by using tons of different methods. One of the most common is the most deceitful: spam emails. Most spam letters have attachments that the user is tempted to open. Never do this! You should delete these letters without opening them. Moreover, you might get infected with viruses by downloading freeware and shareware. Additionally, you have to be very careful when you choose what kind of websites you visit: many of them can have dangerous ads or fake system update alerts that redirect the clicker to dangerous places on the Internet. Remember that not only ransomware is prone to attacks – if you are not careful, you might even collect a bunch of malware like browser hijackers, rogue security apps, and Trojan horses.
How to remove Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ from my device?
You may have noticed that the virus locks your screen so that you wouldn’t download a security tool. However, it is possible to do if you open your Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. Then, it will be really easy to download a legitimate malware and spyware removal software to uninstall Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ. After that, don’t forget scanning the PC regularly.
Delete Your Computer has Been Locked – LockScreen.OJ through Safe Mode with Networking
- Press the Start menu and hit Restart.
- As the PC is restarting, keep pressing F8 on your keyboard.
- You will see Advanced Boot Options. Choose Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Go to the Start menu and press Restart.
- Keep pressing F8 as your PC is restarting.
- On the Advanced Boot Options table, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
Windows 8 and 8.1
- Press the Windows key + C. Go to Settings.
- Press Power, hold the Shift button, and click Restart.
- Select Troubleshoot, press Advanced options, choose Startup Settings.
- Press Restart and tap 5 on the keyboard in order to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.