Wuauclt.exe Removal Tips (Delete Wuauclt.exe)
Wuauclt.exe is an executable file that can be either harmless or dangerous. How can this be, you may ask? Well, some cyber criminals use legitimate file names to disguise their threatening creations. In this case, if the file is non-threatening, its job is searching for various OS updates from the official Windows page. When it is performing its action, it can be seen as a process on Task Manager. Its location is C:\Windows\System32.
Remember that only the legitimate executable file can be found there. The moment you notice the .exe file in some other folder, immediate action must take place: you have to remove wuauclt.exe from your personal computer. In this case, it is not a part of your computer system: it can be a Trojan, a virus, or a worm. The fact that it has infiltrated your PC suggests that you may not have a reliable anti-spyware and anti-malware program. We recommend acquiring one for the prevention of such infections.
Why is wuauclt.exe dangerous?
If you are sure that the file is not legitimate, you should know what dangers it can bring. Wuauclt.exe can be associated with a number of different Trojan viruses, for example, Trojan.Agent.aivw or Trojan.Agent.afbr. You have probably heard that Trojan Horses are one of the most dangerous cyber infections, and that is why it is a must to delete wuauclt.exe from you system. An infected user is prone to experience some symptoms related to their computer performance. First of all, the speed of the device can decrease significantly. Therefore, you may find it difficult to even perform the simplest tasks. Also, your Internet speed might diminish. It’s also worth mentioning that some applications may crash or won’t open. Additionally, your personally-identifiable information can be exposed to hackers because Trojan horses send such information to various servers. All in all, the infection is really hazardous and should be exterminated.Download Removal Toolto remove Wuauclt.exe
How did I get infected with wuauclt.exe?
The malicious virus can affect Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000. It is known that the virus travels bundled with other malware, and this is means that there can be a lot more threats on your PC system. After you uninstall wuauclt.exe, remember to be more careful online: do not open suspicious spam email attachments, do not download applications from unofficial pages and avoid clicking on fake download buttons or commercial advertisements.
How to remove wuauclt.exe from my personal computer?
Manual wuauclt.exe is not recommended if you are not an expert of online threats and system files because you may remove an important executable instead. Our security team advises you to use a legitimate spyware and adware removal tool that is powerful and up-to-date. It will delete the malicious file, the Trojan virus associated with it, and all the other threatening applications that you PC may be infected with.
Learn how to remove Wuauclt.exe from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Wuauclt.exe from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Wuauclt.exe from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Wuauclt.exe from Windows?
a) Remove Wuauclt.exe related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Wuauclt.exe related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Wuauclt.exe related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Wuauclt.exe related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Wuauclt.exe related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Wuauclt.exe related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove Wuauclt.exe from web browsers?
a) Erase Wuauclt.exe from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Wuauclt.exe and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Wuauclt.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Wuauclt.exe
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Wuauclt.exe from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Wuauclt.exe and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.