Wow Search Removal Tips
Wow Search is a browser hijacker, which is capable of causing troubles to you and your personal computer. You should terminate Wow Search immediately after you notice the signs of its presence on your PC. The first thing you need to do is to find out whether you are really under attack. If the browser hijacker has infiltrated your PC, you should start seeing http://www.wow.com/ as your home page, new tab page, and default search engine. The new address is not as safe as, for example, google.com. You should not use the browsing services offered by this potentially unwanted program (PUP). Instead, remove Wow Search from your system completely.
The application can make changes to all the browsers you have. This means that even if you have Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer all at once, these browsers will have the infection. You should delete Wow Search from each browser separately. Everything done by the potentially unwanted program is considered illegal because your permission was not given to any of its actions.
Why is Wow Search dangerous?Download Removal Toolto remove Wow Search
The appearance of your new home page is not repulsive, to say the least. It has a nice interface with a lot of shortcuts under the search bar. For example, users can easily access Hotmail, eBay, Twitter, LinkedIn, Amazon, Yahoo, Pinterest, Facebook, and AOL. Also, it is easy to change the background image. As we can see, the creators of the hijacker tried their best to appeal to the user. However, the search engine should not be used under no circumstances. Although a customized version of Google is used, the results can bring malware. There can be lots of sponsored links at the top of the page. They must be avoided because of redirections to threatening webpages. In addition, there can be commercial advertisements displayed. Do not fall for the tricks of the third parties and do not click the ads. Other PUPs and malware might be downloaded onto your computer suddenly if you press a single pop-up. Moreover, the PUP might collect your personal and non-personal information so that more advertisements could be generated and shown to you. Uninstall Wow Search now to avoid such inconveniences.
How did my PC get infected with Wow Search?
Usually, browser hijackers like this travel in freeware and shareware bundles. These bundles are usually downloaded from file sharing websites. The best way to stay away from various viruses that are bundled with other software is picking the Advanced or Custom installation options. You should know that some other extensions may be present on you PC, such as EZ YouTube Video Downloader or EZ Dropbox.
How to remove Wow Search from my personal computer?
Do not worry about Wow Search any more: you can download a legitimate anti-malware and anti-spyware program onto your computer system and scan the PC for viruses. The security tool will definitely erase Wow Search and other dangerous applications. For manual removal, feel free to use these instructions prepared by our team.
Delete Wow Search from your browser
- Tap Alt+T and open Tools.
- Choose Options, go to the General tab and find Home Page box.
- Overwrite/remove the unwanted URL and press OK.
- Press the search provider icon that is present on the search box of Mozilla Firefox.
- Choose manage Search Engines and delete the unwanted engine. Press OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- In the Add-ons Manager you will see Extensions. Click the option and remove the plugins that you do not need.
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and navigate to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Find the unwanted plugin and press Disable.
- Navigate to Search Providers.
- Change the search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T so that Tools menu would be opened. Choose Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, go to the Home Page.
- Change/remove the unwanted URL and press OK.
- Press Alt+F, navigate to Tools and go to Extensions.
- Find the unwanted plugin and delete it by clicking on the recycle bin and pressing Remove.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup and choose Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Press Set pages and overwrite/delete the unwanted URL. Press OK.
- Go to Appearance and mark the check-box that you see next to Show Home button.
- Press Change and change/remove the unwanted search tools. Press OK.
- Navigate to Search and press Manage search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine. Finally, click Done.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.