Win32:adware.gen Removal Guide
Win32:adware.gen is a detection name that refers to an advertising-supported application. This detection is used by Microsoft Security Essentials, and some other anti-malware tools. Luckily, the adware itself is not malicious, so it cannot damage your system on its own.
It can, however, cause unnecessary disruptions, especially when it comes to your online browsing. The program is aimed at generating web traffic, which is why it will flood you with all types of ads. These ads will appear in all of your browsers, because the software is compatible with all of them. If you want to get rid of the unwanted commercial data, you will have to terminate Win32:adware.gen.
How does Win32:adware.gen work?
In most cases, Win32:adware.gen enters computer systems with the help of free third party software. It shows up in the installation wizard as an additional offer. If you do not pay attention to the installation process and just skip through it, you agree to all additional offers automatically. That is how the application gets installed without your notice. It is possible to avoid similar apps in the future. Make sure that you install freeware in the Advanced mode and deselect all apps that are unfamiliar to you.
Download Removal Toolto remove Win32:adware.gen
Once the ad-supported program gets installed, it adds its extension to your browsers. The extension generates various advertisements that appear on your visited sites. These ads slow down your browsing and expose you to unreliable content. The adware does not differentiate between fake and reliable ads and presents you with both kinds. If you click on a fake advert, you will land on a corrupted page, where you could infect your system with malware or fall for some other online scam. We urge you not to take such unnecessary risks. You should stay away from all adverts until you delete Win32:adware.gen from your computer completely.
How to remove Win32:adware.gen?
You can get rid of Win32:adware.gen manually or automatically. If you choose manual Win32:adware.gen removal option, you will have to uninstall the application via Control Panel. You may also need to erase its extension from your browsers. Instructions on how to eliminate Win32:adware.gen manually are presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to go with automatic removal instead, you will have to use an anti-malware utility. It will scan your PC, detect all potential issues, and delete Win32:adware.gen without any difficulty. It will also protect your computer from future infections you may encounter online.
Uninstall Win32:adware.gen from Windows
- Press Win+X and select Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Uninstall the unwanted application
Windows 7 and Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Open Start menu and move to Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose Win32:adware.gen and click Uninstall/Remove
Eliminate Win32:adware.gen from browsers
- Enter ‘chrome://extensions’ in the URL field
- Remove the unwanted extension
- Click on the menu and select Add-ons
- Go to Extensions section and remove Win32:adware.gen
- Click on the Gear icon and select Manage add-ons
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions and delete Win32:adware.gen
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.