About this threat
Websafesearch.com is a browser hijacker that infects a PC without the explicit permission of the user. It is attached to free software as an extra offer that is set to install along with the freeware. The redirect virus isn’t going to harm your OS directly as it is not a severe computer threat. But that doesn’t mean it needs to be given authorization to remain. It will modify your browser’s settings and will reroute you to sponsored website. In addition to that, it could be capable of exposing you to harmful pages. You are suggested to eliminate Websafesearch.com as it gives nothing handy and puts your computer in unneeded risk.
Hijacker distribution methods
Freeware most often comes along with extra items, for example adware and hijackers. It should be said that those items are not compulsory but a major part of users set them up anyway since they make the mistake of opting for Default mode during freeware installation. Make sure to always pick Advanced mode, because that is where the unneeded offers are hiding. There are a lot of freeware that arrive with added items, so always opt for Advanced to block not wanted set ups. Those items may not bring about any issues at all, but they can also bring about serious malicious software infections. If you see it installed abolish Websafesearch.com.
Why should you delete Websafesearch.com
Upon entrance, the redirect virus will promptly change your browser’s settings. Whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox you will notice that your home website and new tabs have been altered to the browser hijacker’s sponsored website. It will become clear quite quickly that you will not be capable of adjusting the settings back without firstly having to erase Websafesearch.com. Your new homepage looks quite simple, it will show a search engine and probably ads. Be cautious when using the displayed search engine as sponsored sites may be inserted among. We feel it’s needed to caution you that you might end up obtaining some sort of malware if you get routed to suspicious domains by the search tool. If you want to stop this from happening, uninstall Websafesearch.com from your machine.
You can take care of Websafesearch.com termination manually, just take into consideration that you will need to find the browser hijacker by yourself. If you are encountering into issues, you can have professional elimination tools eliminate Websafesearch.com. Whichever way you opt for, make sure that you uninstall the redirect virus entirely.
Learn how to remove Websafesearch.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Websafesearch.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Websafesearch.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Websafesearch.com from Windows?
a) Remove Websafesearch.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Websafesearch.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Websafesearch.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Websafesearch.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Websafesearch.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Websafesearch.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Websafesearch.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Websafesearch.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Websafesearch.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Websafesearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Websafesearch.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Websafesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Websafesearch.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Websafesearch.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Websafesearch.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Websafesearch.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.