WebOptimum Removal Guide
WebOptimum is classified as a potentially unwanted and an ad-supported program. It is compatible with all popular browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer, which means that you will see its ads no matter which browser you use. The aim of the program is to boost online traffic by exposing you to commercial data. The adware employs pay-per-click system.
Every time you click on one of its ads, the developers of the software make profit. Unfortunately, there is nothing useful about the application for you as a computer user. We advise that you delete WebOptimum from your PC without hesitation.
How does WebOptimum work?
WebOptimum gets distributed in free software bundles. It is presented as an optional offer during the installation process. It is possible that you did not notice installing it at all. If you choose the Recommended or Basic mode of installation, you automatically agree to all additional offers. You should not make this mistake again. You should always pick Advanced or Custom installation mode and deselect all unfamiliar apps from the wizard. Otherwise WebOptimum will not be last unwanted program you have to deal with.
Download Removal Toolto remove Remove WebOptimum
Once the adware enters your system, it starts flooding you with various commercials. Pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, coupons, and other ads appear on your screen no matter where you go online. It would be best to avoid them regardless of what they promote. Some of the ads you see may be fake and clicking on them could result in serious consequences. You may infect your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs or fall for some other scam. If you do not want to risk your system’s safety for no reason, you should terminate WebOptimum.
How to remove WebOptimum?
There is no doubt that you should uninstall WebOptimum as soon as possible. Keep in mind, however, that the ad-supported program has altered your Target line upon arrival. It usually only affects Google Chrome browser. Therefore, in order to eliminate WebOptimum completely, you will have to not only uninstall it via Control Panel, but also fix your browser shortcut. You can do that by right-clicking on the browser shortcut, opening Properties, Shortcut tab, and deleting the additional address from the Target line. You will have to complete these tasks yourself, if you decide to remove WebOptimum manually. If, however, you choose to delete WebOptimum automatically, these tasks will be completed for you. Download the anti-malware tool from our site and let it clean your system for you. The utility will stay useful in the future as it will also make sure that your PC stays safe and protected from other Internet-based threats.
Learn how to remove Remove WebOptimum from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Remove WebOptimum from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Remove WebOptimum from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Remove WebOptimum from Windows?
a) Remove Remove WebOptimum related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Remove WebOptimum related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Remove WebOptimum related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Remove WebOptimum related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Remove WebOptimum related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Remove WebOptimum related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove Remove WebOptimum from web browsers?
a) Erase Remove WebOptimum from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Remove WebOptimum and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Remove WebOptimum from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Remove WebOptimum
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Remove WebOptimum from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Remove WebOptimum and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.