What is WebIncognitoSearch
WebIncognitoSearch is classified as a redirect virus, an infection that will carry out modifications to your browser without consent. Redirect viruses sometimes come along with freeware, and could install without the user actually seeing. Similar threats are why you should pay attention to how applications are installed. While redirect viruses are not categorized as harmful themselves, their actions are somewhat suspicious. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be set to load the redirect virus’s advertised website instead of your usual web page. What you’ll also find is that your search is changed, and it could inject advertisement links into results. You’re rerouted so that the owners of those sites can earn money from traffic and ads. You need to be cautious with those redirects since you could infect your system with malicious program if you were rerouted to a dangerous page. The malware contamination that you could get might cause much more severe consequences, so ensure that doesn’t happen. Hijackers like to pretend they have beneficial features but they’re easily replaceable with proper add-ons, which won’t reroute you to weird malware. Browser hijackers are also known to gather certain type of information, like pages visited, so that content users are more likely to click on could be shown. Or the data may end up with third-parties. All of this is why it is important that you eliminate WebIncognitoSearch.
Download Removal Toolto remove WebIncognitoSearch
What you ought to know about these threats
It is a known fact that browser hijackers travel together freeware packages. This is possibly just a case of inattentiveness, and you did not intentionally install it. This is an effective method because users are pretty careless when they install freeware, instead, opting to hurry and not read the given information. In order t0 stop their installation, you must deselect them, but since they are concealed, they might not be noticed if you rush. Opt out of using Default settings as they will permit unfamiliar installations. Advanced or Custom mode, on the other hand, will make the items visible. Unmarking all the offers is encouraged so as to stop unfamiliar application installations. Only continue with the program installation after you deselect everything. Dealing with these threats can be troublesome so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially preventing them. You also have to stop downloading from suspicious websites, and instead, opt for official/legitimate pages/stores.
Browser hijacker infections are noticed soon after infection, even by users who don’t have much experience with computers. You will notice modifications carried out to your browsers, such as an unfamiliar page set as your home web page/new tabs, and the browser hijacker will not require your consent to carry out those modifications. All major browsers will possibly be altered, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And until you uninstall WebIncognitoSearch from the device, the website will load every time your browser is opened. Do not waste time attempting to change the settings back as the hijacker will simply overrule your modifications. If when you search for something results are created not by your set search engine, the redirect virus possibly altered it. Clicking on any of those results isn’t encouraged as you’ll end up on sponsored websites. Those reroutes are happening because hijackers intend to help certain site owners make more income by boosting their traffic. Increased traffic helps websites as more people are likely to engage with the adverts. They occasionally have little to do with your initial search inquiry, so it should not be hard to differentiate between valid results and sponsored ones, and they are unlikely to provide the information you require. In certain cases, they could seem legitimate, so for example if you were to inquire about for something ambiguous, like ‘anti-malware’ or ‘computer’, results leading to suspicious websites could come up but you would not know initially. Redirect viruses do not examine those pages for malicious programs, thus you might end up on one that may prompt malware to download onto your OS. Another thing you should be aware of is that hijackers snoop on you so as to gather info about what you press on, what pages you enter, your search queries and so on. Some redirect viruses provide access to the data to third-parties, and it is used to create more user relevant advertisements. The hijacker may also use it for its own purposes of creating sponsored content which you would be more prone to pressing on. You’re highly suggested to eliminate WebIncognitoSearch as it will do more damage than good. Since there will be nothing stopping you, after you complete the process, make sure you undo the reroute virus’s carried out alterations.
Since you now know what it does, you can proceed to eliminate WebIncognitoSearch. There are two options when it comes to getting rid of this threat, whether you opt for by hand or automatic ought to depend on how computer-savvy you are. You will have to find where the browser hijacker is concealed yourself if you choose the former method. The process itself is not hard, albeit more time-consuming than you may have initially thought, but you are welcome to make use of the below provided guidelines. If you follow them properly, you should have no problems. However, if this is your first time dealing with a hijacker, this may not be the correct option for you. In that case, obtain spyware removal software, and dispose of the threat using it. This type of software is created to wipe out infections such as this, so there should be no problems. You have successfully gotten rid of the infection if you can reverse the changes the redirect virus executed to your browser. If the web page continues to load as your homepage even after you have altered it, the hijacker was not entirely eliminated and was capable of recovering. If you actually pay attention when you install software, you will avoid these aggravating situations in the future. In order to have a clean system, good habits are necessary.Download Removal Toolto remove WebIncognitoSearch
Learn how to remove WebIncognitoSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete WebIncognitoSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove WebIncognitoSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete WebIncognitoSearch from Windows?
a) Remove WebIncognitoSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on WebIncognitoSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall WebIncognitoSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select WebIncognitoSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete WebIncognitoSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select WebIncognitoSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove WebIncognitoSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including WebIncognitoSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove WebIncognitoSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase WebIncognitoSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase WebIncognitoSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate WebIncognitoSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate WebIncognitoSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete WebIncognitoSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate WebIncognitoSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove WebIncognitoSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.