What is an adware
If Web Companion reroutes are bothering you, you might have an ad-supported program set up on your machine. If you bump into pop-ups or commercials hosted on this page, then you must have recently installed free application, and in that way permitted adware to infiltrate your machine. Not all users will be aware of the clues of an adware infection, so they might be baffled about everything. Do not be concerned about the adware directly endangering your PC because it’s not damaging software but it will generate huge amounts of commercials to fill your screen. Advertising-supported applications may, however, lead to malware by rerouting you to a damaging site. An advertising-supported software will not be useful to you so we recommend you terminate Web Companion.
How does an adware work
Adware is added to freeware in a way that authorizes it to install you even noticing. Not everyone is aware that some freeware might permit not wanted items to set up together with them. Those items include adware, redirect viruses and other potentially unneeded applications (PUPs). Users who select Default mode to set up something will be permitting all adjoined items to enter. Using Advanced (Custom) mode is recommended instead. You will have the choice of seeing and unmarking all adjoined items in those settings. Opt for those settings and you will be dodge these types of threats.
When the advertising-supported program is inside your system, it will begin generating advertisements. It could attach itself to the majority of the leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. So no matter which browser you use, you will not be able to escape adverts, to erase them you need to remove Web Companion. Adware exist to generate income by showing you ads.You might sometimes come across adware encouraging you acquire some type of application but you ought to do the opposite.Applications and updates should only be obtained from legitimate websites and not strange pop-ups. The downloads won’t always be legitimate and could actually contain severe infections so avoiding them as much as possible is advised. The ad-supported application will also bring about browser crashes and cause your machine to work much more sluggish. Ad-supported programs set up on your OS will only jeopardize it, so remove Web Companion.
Web Companion termination
You might eliminate Web Companion in two ways, depending on your understanding when it comes to systems. If you have anti-spyware software, we advise automatic Web Companion termination. It’s also possible to uninstall Web Companion manually but it may be more difficult since you would need to locate where the adware is hiding.
Learn how to remove Web Companion from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Web Companion from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Web Companion from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Web Companion from Windows?
a) Remove Web Companion related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Web Companion related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Web Companion related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Web Companion related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Web Companion related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Web Companion related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Web Companion from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Web Companion. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Web Companion from web browsers?
a) Erase Web Companion from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Web Companion and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Web Companion from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Web Companion
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Web Companion from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Web Companion and choose a new provider
d) Remove Web Companion from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.