Wdsmanpro.exe Removal Guide (Delete Wdsmanpro.exe)
Wdsmanpro.exe is an executable file that is associated with a wide variety of browser hijackers that can infiltrate your PC system without your permission. The browser hijackers can include Oursurfing, iStartsurf, Omniboxes, and many other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). The .exe file is developed by DTools Limited, and is digitally signed by Cherished Technology Limited.
This process is created so that it would be very difficult to remove the programs related to it. Because of this file, the annoying browser hijacker keeps returning after its elimination so that the only way to get rid of it is resetting the browser and possibly deleting the PUP via Control Panel. You can usually find the executable in the folder under the name C:Programdatauwdsmanprou. You should remove Wdsmanpro.exe immediately after you spot it. If you scan your PC with a security tool, the tool can detect the file under various names, for example, PUP.Optional.WProtectManager, Adware.Mutahaba.328, etc.
Why is Wdsmanpro.exe considered dangerous?Download Removal Toolto remove Wdsmanpro.exe
As we have already stated, the executable file is developed to help browser hijackers attack your computer and stay there for as long as possible. A browser hijacker is a PUP that changes your default search engine, homepage, and new tab. It is a program that can cause many problems, for example, system crashes or slower browser speed. But that’s not everything: a hijacker can flood you with sponsored links in the search results. Also, you may come across an enormous amount of commercial advertisements that can be placed anywhere. This is rather threatening because these ads and links can help hackers infect your personal computer with viruses. Additionally, many hijackers collect non-personally identifiable information for commercial purposes. Some of them may also gather personal data in order to steal you banking details. It is known that keeping such a PUP brings only trouble, therefore we recommend to uninstall Wdsmanpro.exe.
How did my computer get infected with Wdsmanpro.exe?
You have probably got this executable file together with a browser hijacker in a free software bundle. This bundle may have been downloaded from a P2P site where people can share various programs. The downside of this is that the applications are not supervised and can come together with malware. You are advised not to skip through any steps of the installation process because this open the gate for various PUPs. Select Advanced/Custom installation type and be sure of your safety.
How to remove Wdsmanpro.exe from my PC?
In order to delete Wdsmanpro.exe, you have to uninstall the associated program. However, it may be rather difficult if you have a few potentially unwanted applications on your system. Because of this, we recommend you to perform Wdsmanpro.exe removal with a legitimate anti-malware and anti-spyware program that would delete all the applications that can interfere with the performance of your personal computer.
Steps to remove Wdsmanpro.exe from Your Computer
- Step 1 How to delete Wdsmanpro.exe from Windows?
- Step 2 How to remove Wdsmanpro.exe from web browsers?
- Step 3 How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Wdsmanpro.exe from Windows?
a) Remove Wdsmanpro.exe related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Wdsmanpro.exe related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Wdsmanpro.exe related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Wdsmanpro.exe related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Wdsmanpro.exe related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Wdsmanpro.exe related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove Wdsmanpro.exe from web browsers?
a) Erase Wdsmanpro.exe from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Wdsmanpro.exe and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Wdsmanpro.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Wdsmanpro.exe
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Wdsmanpro.exe from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Wdsmanpro.exe and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.